BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 06-12-2020, 09:56 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
The whole tournament is gonna come down to depth, something Orlando doesn't really have. If they get out of the group stage I'll be kinda surprised.
It's going to come down to fitness, depth, and who has an established system/identity that fits the tournament format.

I would think LAFC would be the favorite in the tournament given their depth and their established system/identity. My only hedge is that I don't know if they'll have the fitness level to play a pressing style for an entire tournament.

Teams like Seattle and SKC that have very established systems/identities and are historically very tight defensively I would presume will do well. I'd put RBNY on that list, but I'm not sure that they'll have the fitness level to play their high press and win in this condensed tournament format.

If Josef Martinez were healthy I'd get out on a limb and predict Atlanta's going to win this thing because they do have a ton of depth and DeBoer's system is built for this kind of tournament and doesn't require the fitness level that Tata's system did. Even without Josef, they're capable of going deep in it because they do have weapons, on paper (Barco, Pity, Rossetto) and they do have the possession style and they do have arguably the best young center back in the league (Robinson) and keeper (Guzan). They've got to prove they can get timely goals without Josef though, especially if they run up on an opponent like LAFC in the knock out round.

That Group A is not good, so I wouldn't put it past Orlando to advance. Philly's good. NYCFC is retooled this year. Then you've got two expansion teams and a rebuilding Chicago Fire. Orlando advanced reasonably far in US Open Cup last year, so I wouldn't put it past them to sneak to the knock out round.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:14 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

They do have some kind of home field advantage too I guess, lol. I don't know, I'm convinced they'll find some way to screw it up and let Chicago advance or something.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:24 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
They do have some kind of home field advantage too I guess, lol. I don't know, I'm convinced they'll find some way to screw it up and let Chicago advance or something.
I actually think Miami or Nashville could be better bets to sneak out than Chicago. Miami on overall talent level and Nashville because they're built pretty stoutly defensively.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:32 PM
BP Staff

Atlanta United announced today one of their first team players tested positive for COVID-19.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:50 PM
BP Staff

Watching this 2010 USA vs. Algeria World Cup game...

Why does it feel like longer than 10 years since the US team was decent and rootable?
Old 06-22-2020, 08:06 PM

Orlando pride were forced to pull out if the NWSL tourney starting this weekend due to the number of players that tested positive for covid.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Orlando pride were forced to pull out if the NWSL tourney starting this weekend due to the number of players that tested positive for covid.
Rumors swirling that the infected players contracted it by going out to a club together after they were told to isolate at homes by the team.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Rumors swirling that the infected players contracted it by going out to a club together after they were told to isolate at homes by the team.
So what's the only thing to make this worse? Their tests 2 days later showed they were all negative. So they now have no idea if it was a false positive or false negative. A new wrinkle that could impact all sports.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:27 PM
BP Staff

Rowdies getting some love from ESPN in their rankings of top 101 all time kits.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the...bruised-banana
Old 07-01-2020, 10:37 AM
BP Staff

Atlanta United just acquired Jurgen Damm from Tigres.

Speed to burn.