BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
His tweet today that people don’t need masks because there is a cure is going to directly kill people
I'm at the point where if these morons believe ANYTHING this idiot says, well, too frickin bad. They've had access to the best available data that science can provide. It's similar to how I react when I hear about a car losing control and the driver gets ejected from the car--no seatbelt. Too frickin bad.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I'm at the point where if these morons believe ANYTHING this idiot says, well, too frickin bad. They've had access to the best available data that science can provide. It's similar to how I react when I hear about a car losing control and the driver gets ejected from the car--no seatbelt. Too frickin bad.
Unfortunately its not just them you worry about, its all the other people they can impact. You can not feel bad for the drunk driver if you choose, but the innocent person they killed in the process is why there needed to be laws to stop it.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:13 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Unfortunately its not just them you worry about, its all the other people they can impact. You can not feel bad for the drunk driver if you choose, but the innocent person they killed in the process is why there needed to be laws to stop it.
Especially if said drunk driver is a governor driving an entire state into a ditch.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 PM
BP Staff

After the typical weekend reporting lull that you usually see Saturdays through Mondays, we're back up over 1,000 deaths already today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Now over 152,000 deaths. So far today, Florida is really taking it on the chin and the country somehow got to 1,000+ deaths on the day with Texas currently only reporting a single COVID fatality. Considering Texas was reporting over 200 fatalities a day last week, seems like they're likely to update with a sizable number later today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Old 07-28-2020, 05:29 PM
BP Staff

Shot (Nate Silver):

Quote:
In our snapshot, the tipping-point state is Pennsylvania (Biden +7.2). By comparison, we show Biden up 8.6 points nationally based on our snapshot. (Similar to his margin in national polls, though the snapshot mostly uses state polls.)

So we do show an Electoral College vs. popular vote gap that works in Trump's favor, although it's about half as large as in 2016.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...561597962?s=20

Chaser (Harry Enten):

Quote:
This is an average gap for a prez election. It's been 1.8 points in the 41 elections since the Republican Party was founded...
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/...482744837?s=20
Old 07-28-2020, 06:17 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Trump on whether he’ll go to the US Capitol to pay his respects as John Lewis lies in state there:

"No I won’t be going. no.”
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/sta...669576705?s=20

There's plenty of facts in evidence to this effect, but periodic reminder of what an absolute piece of shit Donald Trump is.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I'm wearing a mask anywhere I go and staying away from all folks--and fortunately, I've seen very few non-maskers recently. Sisolak and the county mandates them now. As for the ejected driver, I wasn't assuming he was drunk..and if he gets in an accident or runs off the road and no seatbelt, well, hasta la vista.
I'm to the point where my "willingness to excuse stupidity" meter is broken.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:25 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Hey, where’s WaiverWire? Let’s do a health check. At his age, I worry. Can somebody log in to Parler and Gab and StormFront to see if he’s OK? I wonder why he hasn’t been here in so long.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:54 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Hey, where’s WaiverWire? Let’s do a health check. At his age, I worry. Can somebody log in to Parler and Gab and StormFront to see if he’s OK? I wonder why he hasn’t been here in so long.
A quintessential example of a "shy Trump voter".
Old 07-29-2020, 09:58 AM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Louie Gohmert has apparently tested positive for the coronavirus.

Last edited by 2min4cc; 07-29-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: too harsh, originally