BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 PM
BP Staff

You're truly naive if you think McConnell wouldn't have triggered the nuclear option even if Reid hadn't after years of Frist threatening to do it. And the proof of that pudding is that Reid only originally did it for federal judicial appointments and not for the Supreme Court. McConnell expanded it for everything else under the sun. So spare me the nonsense that Harry Reid destroyed comity in the Senate. The only reason he did what he did to begin with, as noted in the op-ed I posted from Senator Harkin, is that McConnell was putting a blanket hold on Obama's judicial appointments regardless of qualifications.

IOW, the whole root of this is McConnell's ideologically driven desire to rig the judiciary and warp the Senate's traditions to get his way. Cool. Until McConnell goes away and the Republicans pick a leader who isn't a unscrupulous unprincipled shit brick, Democrats have two choices: 1.) naively acquiesce to fight their battles with one arm tied behind their back, or 2.) resolve to do whatever it takes to politically cut McConnell's heart out and feed it to him. I choose #2.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:01 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Tucker Carlson segment tonight questions what happened to @DRUDGE, saying his site is at times no longer distinguishable from "woke" websites. Carlson calls Drudge "firmly a man of the progressive left."
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/stat...585808384?s=20

The Republican civil war cometh, and real soon.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:17 PM
BP Staff

1,141 COVID deaths in the US on the day. Texas with a slightly better day, but only slightly. More than 78,000 new cases nationally today, which is quite a bit.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We'll cross 150,000 deaths on Sunday, in all likelihood, on Worldometer's count.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:56 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I remember laughing at the death panel nonsense. Thinking no way that happens in this country.

Quote:
(CNN) - Doctors at a Texas hospital along the US-Mexico border may decide to send coronavirus patients "home to die by their loved ones" due to limited resources, officials say.

Government and health officials in Starr County announced this week they are creating committees to review patients' cases at the Starr County Memorial Hospital in Rio Grande City.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
We're already probably in a second dip if you look at unemployment claims in the last week. If they delay, they're burning down the economy and the voters will blame Trump and McConnell. Democrats passed their extension bill out of the House in freaking MAY.
Hmmmm. How would anyone know that the Democratic House passed that if THEY NEVER TELL ANYONE!??!! I swear to god, Dems are such political nerds they have no idea how to WIN. If I were Tom Perez, Id back up a Brinks truck to the Lincoln Project HQ to buy their messaging machine for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:19 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Hmmmm. How would anyone know that the Democratic House passed that if THEY NEVER TELL ANYONE!??!! I swear to god, Dems are such political nerds they have no idea how to WIN. If I were Tom Perez, Id back up a Brinks truck to the Lincoln Project HQ to buy their messaging machine for the foreseeable future.
If the media doesn't cover it, it's like a tree falling in the woods. Not saying Democrats don't need to get better at self-bragging, but they don't have a propaganda machine like the right does and the mainstream media is more interested in chasing sensationalism for ratings than spending column inches or primetime segments on policy discussions.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:02 AM

PENNSYLVANIA
Biden 48% (+3)
Trump 45%

Gravis 7/22-24
Old 07-26-2020, 06:46 AM

These assholes are falling into Trump’s trap and could cost us the election.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/us/se...iot/index.html

Last edited by Donnie D; 07-26-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:33 AM

CNN Poll (7/18-24):

Michigan:
Biden 52% (+12)
Trump 40%
Florida:
Biden 51% (+5)
Trump 46%
Arizona:
Biden 49% (+4)
Trump 45%
Old 07-26-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
These assholes are falling into Trump’s trap and could cost us the election.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/us/se...iot/index.html
I totally understand the first couple days or so of this stuff when you're riding sheer anger, but I really don't get the point of continuing to escalate this. People too wrapped up in the glamour of being "Freedom fighters" instead of moving on and doing things that actually matter, like you know, actually mobilizing politically.