BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Oren Koules ToDo List for Monday, June 30[*]Sign Brian Rolston to a 4yr, $22M contract
Prefer 3, he's 35 yo, right?

Quote:
[*]Complete the details for a blockbluster trade on July 1
Boyle? Lecavalier? Who else would qualify as "blockbuster" and what would we be getting back?

Pleased with what we've done so far but now they're starting to scare me.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
BP Staff

IMO, a stay-at-home dman and farm stockers to alleviate payroll.

That doesn't help the transition game, though.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Well, Melrose's system is a little different than Tort's, Boyle will have a diminished role.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2004 View Post
Prefer 3, he's 35 yo, right?
$3yr, $15M is what he was asking weeks ago from MIN. And that would be the *ideal* contract. But only MIN was getting the ideal contract, and they blew it. Anyone else will have to overpay to win the bidding war. And it'll take some overpayment to get him to sign before July 1. Hence, the "hypothetical" 4 yr deal w/sweetner. Regardless, it's not me, I just saw the list laying on OK's desk this morning...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Kinda strange to trade Boyle, I'll admit. Guess we have to see the return though.
better be a decent d man, a no. 1 and another forward coming back.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
BP Staff

From TSN:

Quote:
With all the wheeling and dealing going on in Tampa, there is continued speculation that Boyle might be on the way out if the Lightning can work out a trade. Boyle has a no-trade clause, though, and he is not likely to waive it. The Lightning could put Boyle on waivers, but he would surely be claimed and the Lightning would get nothing in return but cap space, which makes that scenario unlikely, too.

Boyle's agent, George Bazos, told TSN he has not been contacted by the Lightning regarding Boyle's future with the team, and his client has not been asked to waive his no-trade clause.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I really like the Roberts signing, especially since a chunk of that 2 mil comes if he makes it through 82 regular season games. He also fits the elder statesman role that we've needed since Andy's legs fell off and Taylor's groin detached itself from his leg at the prospect of yet another wrap around attempt (all due respect of course, they were both warriors). I've always liked Roberts, which I'm sure probably puts me in the minority. The XO Sniper stuff has always made me chuckle though. I've always thought of him as one of those guys I hate when the Bolts play him, but I'd love to see him wearing a bolt. Now I get to. Good times, hopefully.

Like has been mentioned previously, I love how Malone's deal is shrewdly set up just like Marty's. I don't know the cap that well, but with Bertuzzi getting waived, if you have an albatross contract, I guess that's a way you can get rid of it. With Malone front loaded, I'm guessing that's easier to do in year three if it's just not working.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, and be cautiously optimistic here, but this team seems like it just got a heck of a lot tougher to play against. So far we've got pretty much a newly minted 2nd line, additional vet leadership, the franchise is locked up for another 9 years, R2 is back, and the MVP line is back together and they've only been in charge for like 2 weeks.

Now they get to work on the Goalie and Defensemen positions? I was expecting some change, but nothing on this scale. Good gravy they've been busy. It's a nice change of pace at the least.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
$3yr, $15M is what he was asking weeks ago from MIN. And that would be the *ideal* contract. But only MIN was getting the ideal contract, and they blew it. Anyone else will have to overpay to win the bidding war. And it'll take some overpayment to get him to sign before July 1. Hence, the "hypothetical" 4 yr deal w/sweetner. Regardless, it's not me, I just saw the list laying on OK's desk this morning...
would do three for 15 in a sec. maybe go 4 like 6, 5, 5, 3
Old 06-30-2008, 12:16 PM

How about trading Boyle and signing Redden for something like three for $15. big savings there and you get less offense, but steadier defense and a really good guy.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

I think the Sens wanted Redden out for a reason. They tried to trade him (twice) & they haven't even tried to get him to re-sign. Someone's likely to throw $5 mil at that guy, hopefully it won't be us. It is not always about getting someone new & different, I'd rather have Boyle, screw the extra money.