BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The BP Front Page

Old 05-20-2018, 10:33 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
I wouldn't mind having John Carlson on my team. He's impressed me all through the playoffs.

Heís a nice player. A commentator on Sirius NHL believes he should have been a Norris candidate and the winner of that award. Heís not that good.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:33 AM

Or is he 8 mil apy good? His likely get this offseason
Old 05-20-2018, 12:35 PM
BP Staff

Kuznetsovís been more dangerous than Ovechkin in this series. With that said theyíre losing a matchup with the Paquette line they absolutely should not be losing. Not only are they getting slowed down on the scoreboard, but to see guys like Callahan and Paquette finding the scoresheet themselves? I donít know how you can pump either of those guys tires too much given that fact because on paper that matchup should be a squash win for them.

Also, Orlov had outplayed Carlson in this series up until he peed it down the leg in the First Period last night.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:39 PM

The issue with OV, in the past, and it happened again last night, is that he turns into a 1 man team. He is so damn talented, has such a drive to win that he takes it all on his shoulders. Heís incredibly talented when he plays a team game, but he either doesnít trust his teammates or he gets so frustrated that he tries to do it all himself. And when that happens, the team becomes totally ineffective.

Last series against the Lightning, in the elimination game heíd get the puck the entire 3rd period and go charging down the ice trying to skate through and around the entire team. He tried to go through 3 players last night - and the puck was easily taken off his stick. He started cherry picking, breaking before the team got control. You may remember the play where he was 1 on 1 with Stralman. He refused to give up the puck and he was taken to the outside until help arrived. He scored when he wasnít hogging the puck.

I know most of you arenít basketball fans, but he reminds me of the early Jordan. Until Michael became part of a team game under Jackson, the Bulls didnít win.

Thatís what I thought Trotz might be able to do with OV. It works until he gets frustrated, but then he reverts back to the old OV.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:32 PM
BP Staff

That 2011 series was hilarious. Wave after wave of Ovechkin skating into the teeth of Boucherís 1-3-1 and getting the puck taken off him the second he hit the Lightning blueline. If the whole ďhot stickĒ incident didnít prove to you what a dummy OV is, that series shouldíve.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The issue with OV, in the past, and it happened again last night, is that he turns into a 1 man team. He is so damn talented, has such a drive to win that he takes it all on his shoulders. Heís incredibly talented when he plays a team game, but he either doesnít trust his teammates or he gets so frustrated that he tries to do it all himself. And when that happens, the team becomes totally ineffective.

Last series against the Lightning, in the elimination game heíd get the puck the entire 3rd period and go charging down the ice trying to skate through and around the entire team. He tried to go through 3 players last night - and the puck was easily taken off his stick. He started cherry picking, breaking before the team got control. You may remember the play where he was 1 on 1 with Stralman. He refused to give up the puck and he was taken to the outside until help arrived. He scored when he wasnít hogging the puck.

I know most of you arenít basketball fans, but he reminds me of the early Jordan. Until Michael became part of a team game under Jackson, the Bulls didnít win.

Thatís what I thought Trotz might be able to do with OV. It works until he gets frustrated, but then he reverts back to the old OV.
You would think Trotz would do something about it though. In the last 4:58 last night, OV played 4:28 of it. Trotz is either encouraging it to an extent or just doesn't care when he starts playing like that.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Kuznetsov’s been more dangerous than Ovechkin in this series. With that said they’re losing a matchup with the Paquette line they absolutely should not be losing. Not only are they getting slowed down on the scoreboard, but to see guys like Callahan and Paquette finding the scoresheet themselves? I don’t know how you can pump either of those guys tires too much given that fact because on paper that matchup should be a squash win for them.

Also, Orlov had outplayed Carlson in this series up until he peed it down the leg in the First Period last night.
Correct about Kuznetsov, but you are not giving enough credit to the Paquette line. That line did what they were called on to do. They are a line of grinders who have been getting minimal ice time, during the regular season, and when given the opportunity to show what they can do they did just that. This one change that Cooper made after game #2 has shown us all what these 3 can do...….and they are loving what they are doing.

They have attacked the Caps #1 line and have caused them to rush the puck, thus causing these turnovers. They have frustrated Ovechkin to no end. And when Ovechkin is frustrated he makes mistakes.

The fact that they potted 2 goals is just a plus as up until Ovechkin scored he was a -2.

Why would he have us defend with no attempts to rush the puck carrier and allow the Caps opportunity after opportunity during the final minute(s) of the game?

Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-20-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeedub View Post
And not to mention the BS #8 can get away with uncalled by the Refs, like the slash on Vasy’s stick and trip on Stammer.
Knocking Vasy's stick away should have been an automatic call. What bugs me the most is the way he jumps when he's checking people. I thought leaving your feet was against the rules?