BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
My brain totally understands the Pastrnaks & Bleackleys being picked but my heart keeps yelling, "D-MAN, D-MAN, D-MAN"!!!!
Pastrnak and Bleackley are opposite player types. Pastrnak is VERY exciting player, while Bleackley is more lunch pail and blue collar hard worker that will probably be a shutdown plugger and not a scoring liner. Just don't like picking those guys in the 1st round....

Pastrnak I'm fine with, sort of...
Old 06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Always alot of intrigue leading up to the draft... being at 19 and 28, a trade down seems reasonable. Lets say SFY dumps the 19 pick, and snags a 2nd and a 3rd... we still could pick up a player like Roland McKeown, who I like...not a reach to take this kid at 28- and still go with BPA in the 2nd round, netting two solid prospects for the future- I also wouldn't be surprised to see SFY package that pick with a forward and a prospect for an established blue liner that fits the profile of what we need NOW. Like I said, a lot of intrigue. SFY actually is in a good place leading up to draft day...
Old 06-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So, lots of talk of who we are taking with these picks. What are the chances one of them is packaged up and sent off draft day to address one of our defensive needs?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So, lots of talk of who we are taking with these picks. What are the chances one of them is packaged up and sent off draft day to address one of our defensive needs?
If there's a willing dance partner, pretty damn good IMO.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Cooper's Law

I'm starting to get the feeling that we are going to see quite a few trades tomorrow, either before or during the draft. Not sure if any will involve the Lightning but just reading stuff from some of the different beat writers from different teams around the league there seems to be a lot of chatter this year. Should be exciting nonetheless.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Cooper's Law

Default The same

Draftsite andMyNHLdraft both have us taking Barbashev at 19 and McKeown at 28. Well we will see tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Just temper what you expect these late 1st round picks will fetch in a trade. It's a down year. None of these players available late in the round project to the top line or top pair players. So, they won't be worth as much in other years.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Between twitter and this site, I have a feeling IT is going to see a spike in my internet useage today...
Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

For those upset that we didn't draft a dman last year or thinking we need to draft one now, please watch the video of Al Murray speaking on the draft. Alot of great points in there about the fact that you can draft for current NHL needs and then around the 5 min mark he speaks to why they don't think they are short on blueline prospects. He does speak to needing veteran blueliners.

I think he sets the stage that they won't be pressed to draft a blueliner unless there is value there tonight.

http://video.lightning.nhl.com/videocenter/console
Old 06-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Sorry if this has been asked already, but any chance we try and put a deal together to move up for Ekblad?
Closed Thread