BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 11-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Cooper's Law

Nice to see people stand up and defend the Insurance Companies & Pharmaceutical Companies. I'm sure they'll consider your advocacy when they are deciding to approve or deny your claims or raise your premiums.

It's some real Galaxy Brain shit going on in here.

Clinton lost because she was "too liberal"?! Holy shit. Let's put up a candidate who represents something besides Wall Street and Billionaire money before we start throwing around idiotic shit like that.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Cooper's Law

Default The Leisure Agenda

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/11/l...policy-project
Old 11-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Nice to see people stand up and defend the Insurance Companies & Pharmaceutical Companies. I'm sure they'll consider your advocacy when they are deciding to approve or deny your claims or raise your premiums.

It's some real Galaxy Brain shit going on in here.

Clinton lost because she was "too liberal"?! Holy shit. Let's put up a candidate who represents something besides Wall Street and Billionaire money before we start throwing around idiotic shit like that.
No one is defending the insurance companies, as far as I can tell.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:04 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The last election was a referendum on good vs evil too. But Clinton was seen as too liberal and lost. We can’t let that happen again.

M4a costs candidates 5% points.

http://crystalball.centerforpolitics...npd_nn_ios_mar
No, she was culturally unpalatable to many Americans after two decades of a smear campaign by the right wing against her and her family, coupled with the impression that the Clintons were corrupt, again, thanks to the right wing smear machine. IOW, Trump made the election an ad hominem referendum on Hillary. Hillary, ideologically, is to the right of EVERY candidate in this field, including Biden. So if you think she was somehow “too liberal” to win, I hate to tell you, the game is already over.

OR, we have a candidate who doesn’t have 20 years of baggage who’s a better communicator who makes this campaign a referendum on Trump’s cruelty, corruption, and incompetence this time around.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
No, she was culturally unpalatable to many Americans after two decades of a smear campaign by the right wing against her and her family, coupled with the impression that the Clintons were corrupt, again, thanks to the right wing smear machine. IOW, Trump made the election an ad hominem referendum on Hillary. Hillary, ideologically, is to the right of EVERY candidate in this field, including Biden. So if you think she was somehow “too liberal” to win, I hate to tell you, the game is already over.

OR, we have a candidate who doesn’t have 20 years of baggage who’s a better communicator who makes this campaign a referendum on Trump’s cruelty, corruption, and incompetence this time around.
The electorate has voted anti-establishment, by and large, in every election since 2004. Clinton was the ultimate establishment candidate. My read is that the anti-establishment bent of the electorate is ant-corruption and anti-crony capitalism. Clinton was easily painted (rightly or wrongly) as the personification of that.

Did the electorate get snowed by a con-man who played on that sentiment? Absolutely. But to say Clinton was too liberal, not liberal enough, or that it was a smear campaign on a technocrat misses the forest for the trees, I think.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:41 PM

Yeah, If Hillary was too liberal to win than we are screwed. She was seen as character flawed
Old 11-16-2019, 06:57 PM

You seem to forget that Hillary was the person who led the Clinton Health care initiative - a single pay system. After that she was the left wing radical of the Clinton Administration. I know two individuals who voted for Trump because of that initiative.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:01 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You seem to forget that Hillary was the person who led the Clinton Health care initiative - a single pay system. After that she was the left wing radical of the Clinton Administration. I know two individuals who voted for Trump because of that initiative.
How many times did HillaryCare come up as an issue on the campaign trail?

Answer: never.

Uranium One, Clinton Foundation, ButHerEMails sure as shit did though.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:02 PM
BP Staff

Democrats hold onto the governor’s mansion in... Louisiana. What a time to be alive.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:21 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Direct institutional racism isn’t gone?
On paper it is but if you can't see that it is still in effect in many aspects of 'modern' life then I don't know what to tell you.

I wish all of us lefties weren't slinging mud here so much but here's why I'm slinging it, I am sick and tired of always having to settle with being scared about going after what is right for the people and instead going for whatever middle-of-the-road half-assed compromise that gets promoted by America's corporate overlords.