BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Federal Judge reveals the investigation involving Trump and hush payments is over and there will be no charges.

The investigation into his businesses is still on going.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
We're creating more felons by throwing innocent young men in wire pens and cages than you're preventing entering the country right now. I hate to tell you this, but there's plenty of studies that show institutionalizing people and treating them like animals only produces more people who act like animals. It's a foolish, self-fulfilling and self-destructive prophecy and it's a disgrace than any enlightened society would do this.

I'm not sure the average Trump voter could pass your proposed questionnaire if they answered honestly... especially the part about gender equality.
Jay Johnson, Obama's DHS Secretary:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...cessary.html#!

And here is a video from CNN with Johnson. Was the separation a mistake, some say yes and others say no. Truth is under Obama the numbers took a dramatic increase in 2016 and we did nothing to respond to this increase. Once Trump was elected we continued to do nothing.

Our immigration system is a joke. It needs a total revamp. Both sides are to blame. But it is time for someone to sit down and write a bill that fixes the problems and deals with the DREAMERS/DACA.

If I was sitting in congress as part of the GOP I would write the bill. But truthfully I do not know if Pelosi would allow the bill to reach the floor as it appears to me that the left do not want to do anything that looks like a Trump victory, when in fact we all lose.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 07-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Outside of a stupid f’n wall, if DACA/dreamers were part of a comprehensive bill, Pelosi would most certainly be on board. Now, the senate Republicans and the grabber-in-chief? That’s the real question.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Federal Judge reveals the investigation involving Trump and hush payments is over and there will be no charges.

The investigation into his businesses is still on going.
Hold the phone...just hold the damned phone...you mean our fellow brethren who have been telling us for 1-2 years how President Trump had committed yet ANOTHER crime were wrong AGAIN??????

How can that be?????

Trump team hails closure of Cohen hush-money case, as documents set for release

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...et-for-release

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Keefamania!

Default Los Angeles, California cities 'overrun by rodents' that pose public health epidemic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
LA Times columnist slams city leaders for failing to tackle homeless crisis

'...Steve Lopez, a columnist with the Los Angeles Times and author of book-turned-film “The Soloist,” lambasted city officials for last year spending $600 million to tackle the spread of homeless encampments across the city – only to see the total number of homeless rise 16 percent to around 60,000 people, according to the latest count.

Homelessness jumped 12 percent over the past year across all of Los Angeles County.

“Los Angeles looks as if it’s digging out from a hurricane, with hordes on the streets, tents everywhere and armies of rodents on the march, inciting fears of disease.,” Lopez wrote in his column, which appeared online Saturday night, amid reports of a massive rat infestation at Los Angeles City Hall. ...

The Los Angeles County figures mirror tallies across California...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/la-...essness-crisis
Los Angeles, California cities 'overrun by rodents' that pose public health epidemic, study says

'An ever-growing number of rodents in California -- particularly in Los Angeles -- is being fueled by a spiking homeless population and restrictions on rodenticides that are risking a public health crisis, according to a study released Tuesday.

The report by political action committee Reform California cites recent rodent-related events over the past six months, including an employee at the Los Angeles Police Department contracting Typhus and a rat falling from the ceiling of a Buffalo Wild Wings onto the menu of a patron, as proof of an "undeniable problem" in the Golden State.

"California is being overrun by rodents," said Carl DeMaio, chairman of Reform California. "Without immediate emergency action by state and local government, we face significant economic costs and risk a public health crisis." ...'

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-17-2019, 06:52 PM

So apparently rand Paul blocked the speed up of passing the 9/11 first responders bill because he is worried about the debt, complaining we are adding a trillion dollars a year to the deficit. The same guy who approved a trillion dollar a year tax break for the wealthy. Screw him
Old 07-17-2019, 08:57 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So apparently rand Paul blocked the speed up of passing the 9/11 first responders bill because he is worried about the debt, complaining we are adding a trillion dollars a year to the deficit. The same guy who approved a trillion dollar a year tax break for the wealthy. Screw him
Evidently vying for Ted Cruz's title of, "Biggest Asshole in the Senate," eh?
Old 07-18-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
He and Lee. 2 that I have never really liked.

Deal will get done and with a set limit that Steward wants as it should be.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:49 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Interesting time for Rand to find his principles. The best coat of paint you can slap on this is that he is sounding a warning bell on the deficit (good for him), using a high profile bill to do so. As you note Burnt, it's duplicitous though to do so after voting for a non-funded tax cut.

I had high hopes for him, since he was just about the only guy in Washington who gave a shit when Obama drone struck a US Citizen without due process; and he always talked the talk on fiscal responsibility and breaking up power concentration. Unfortunately for those of us who actually care about fiscal restraint, power concentration, and due process, his talk hasn't really amounted to much. Sadly, he turned into a Trump bootlicker pretty damn quick.

Last edited by dannybolt; 07-18-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Interesting time for Rand to find his principles. The best coat of paint you can slap on this is that he is sounding a warning bell on the deficit (good for him), using a high profile bill to do so. As you note Burnt, it's duplicitous though to do so after voting for a non-funded tax cut.

I had high hopes for him, since he was just about the only guy in Washington who gave a shit when Obama drone struck a US Citizen without due process; and he always talked the talk on fiscal responsibility and breaking up power concentration. Unfortunately for those of us who actually care about fiscal restraint, power concentration, and due process, his talk hasn't really amounted to much. Sadly, he turned into a Trump bootlicker pretty damn quick.
Paul has always been against raising debt and is the first one that wants to know how an item in the budget can be offset with a reduction.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and this was one of those times.