BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Re: Murray, I don't think he's ever been suspended, so he probably won't get much but I'd be shocked if he didn't get something.
Yeah we are talking Shanahan so his wheel of consistency is anyone's guess. Three games seems like the benchmark for that kind of infraction.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Jesus Derek you are fucking broken record. Why do you think Labrie would provide anything after he did nothing in his first go-around this year?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesy View Post
Jesus Derek you are fucking broken record. Why do you think Labrie would provide anything after he did nothing in his first go-around this year?
Well he was hurt most of the time for one reason but I know it's not going to happen I was just stating my OPINION which is completely reasonable. I swear the first pro fighting comment I've made in over a month and people jump on it like crazy. Opinions are still ok people. I have different one then a lot of people so what. Damn lol let's just be happy that the team is in the playoffs.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

It's a dirty hit and the Lightning need to respond to it, but only if a game in the playoffs isn't close. I don't want them doing something stupid that's going to give Montreal a PP and possibly give them momentum.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

The playoffs are a different beast. Teams don't usually go around looking for blatant retribution then. Everyone is supposed to stand up for each other in the heat of the moment, not settle scores by risking dumb penalties.

In any case, even if you did want to do something, Labrie has proven that he's not the guy that wants to go out and start that shit anyway. He's had plenty of opportunities to show it but hasn't.

Lastly, even if we did put an enforcer out there, I'd rather not waste him avenging something in a regular season game a couple weeks ago when he might have to address something that happens in that actual playoff game.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
How does it waste a roster spot when in the playoffs you can extend your roster to be as big as you want?
Because you can still only dress 20 players per game..........................

Quote:
All I'm saying is our 4th line has been pretty much useless the last month notably Malone. Plugging someone else in for his 5-8 minutes he will get in the FIRST and ONLY game that say a Labrie would play isn't a big deal like some of you make out. Set the tone to the rest of the league that you're not going to mess with the bolts. But I guess I'm in the dying few that still think that way unfortunately.
If the 4th line doesn't fight, they are immediately useless. Got it. Controlling the play inside the offensive zone isn't important.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:00 PM
The Bulin Wall

I think there are players available that are more capable in the bottom line role, Glassjaw Crombeen and Speedy Malone just aren't the guys, but neither is Pierre Labrie, especially for the playoffs...
Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Lastly, even if we did put an enforcer out there, I'd rather not waste him avenging something in a regular season game a couple weeks ago when he might have to address something that happens in that actual playoff game.
We'd all love an guy that really handle himself. I just don't want to take a roster spot for Parros or some other knucklehead. If its a guy with skills that can play the system and happens to have this ability to handle himself in a fight too and make big hits well awesome sign me up. For instance, I don't like Lucic at all but I'd love that guy on my team but because even the other 15 mins he plays that he is not rattling skulls he is an add to the team on the ice.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Bleeding refs that was a good goal,no contact until after the puck was in the net. Cheating Habs fans.
What a complete shit call, one of the worst of many in this game. The refs struck early and often and both teams got shit calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
Murray spent the entire team watching guys fly by him. His nickname for Malone is "flash".

Quote:
Plugging someone else in for his 5-8 minutes he will get in the FIRST and ONLY game that say a Labrie would play isn't a big deal like some of you make out. Set the tone to the rest of the league that you're not going to mess with the bolts. But I guess I'm in the dying few that still think that way unfortunately.
So, putting somebody in for one game to play the thug will really show the league TB means business? Are they supposed to be scared when the thug is not dressed for any other game?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Ready to be completely schooled. Vanek with 2g and an assist tonight. We lose 4-1 and it doesn't even look that close
Vanek without a point, but counting Purcell's illegitimately disallowed goal you got the score right, if not the teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerOfGlove View Post
Vanek is Austrian
Speaking of being completely schooled,...thanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesy View Post
The NHL needs to reduce the pay of every fucking ref. That was a pathetic display of incompetence. This is just a fucking travesty. There really needs to be accountability when it comes to shitty officiating like what we just saw. Incidental contact after the puck is in the fucking net.
Just last week we were discussing instant replay for just this sort of thing...what a coincidence. Even though we obviously won without that goal, do we need any better example than this?What if that had been a Cup-winning goal getting waved off improperly like that--by some fucking LINESMAN 40 feet away when the ref standing right there on the goal line emphatically signaled good goal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
I disagree... Not textbook boarding. Thompson lays off and hits him to the left instead of squaring up his back. Little bit of flailing right there
I agree...looked to me like Thompson let up and the guy knelt down to avoid it. Still, I'm not too upset by erring on the side of safety when it's boarding, given how fucking pathetic some other calls were tonight (like the goal, and the one where Brewer chops Emelin's stick out of his hands, then trips over it while Emelin is recovering it, and they call that tripping on Emelin...yeesh)

Did Johnson miss Murray blindsiding Kostka and go jump the wrong guy? Way to stand up for your teammate though, esp. giving away about 30 lbs. and seven inches of height. Speaking of which, if Shanahan would give a suspension appropriate to the hit instead of considering the playoffs are about to start and, you know, it's the...Montreal Canadiens,...Murray would be serving popcorn for the entire series vs. the Bolts, making the entire discussion about dishing out retribution pointless.

Only trouble is the huge, gaping abyss between what they SAY they want (serious suspensions for the most serious, deliberately vicious headhunting hits, making player retribution pointless) and what they actually want (happy fan$ watching the "Hab$" play po$t$ea$on game$ & not talking about who's $u$pended). So they'll maybe rest Murray for the remainder of the season, a whole five games...and, of course, FINE his a$$....so he'll be nice & fresh for the playoff$! $eem$ pretty $en$ible, doe$n't it

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-02-2014 at 12:10 AM.