BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 08-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
You have more faith in your determining factor than I do. I don't trust cooper to have this team up and going, nor do I have faith in him being able to counter torts.
I'm in the camp that thinks the roster is enough to win despite Coop, this round at least. But I've been wrong before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
If they lose to Columbus again, Cooper had better be gone as well.
This right here.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I'm in the camp that thinks the roster is enough to win despite Coop, this round at least. But I've been wrong before.

This right here.
Even without 77 and 91, I don't see any way this squad allows the Jackets to win this series. I'm thinking Bolts in 5.

(watch Coburn and/or Schenn if they play...)
Old 08-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:

This right here.
We should have last year. Which leads to my other possibly unpopular oppinion. I don't think we have that large a difference in our roster. Is Coleman/Goodrow/Maroon really bringing that much more than Erne/Callahan/Miller? To me it's all on if Cooper has learned to not take these as just any other game, and if he has learned how to counter great coaching sufficiently. Columbus is significantly less talented than they were last year. So I don't know, maybe talent pushes them through. But I think it was Bolthead in the offseason (and I apologize if it was someone else) that said this team could go 82-0 in the regular season and I would not have a belief in them come playoff time until they actually show they can win the first series. And I still am of that mindset.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:55 AM

A scoop from ... Kailey Mizelle!
https://twitter.com/KaileyMizelle/st...28012847149056

Quote:
For those asking about an injury update: From what I hear the @TBLightning are still making their decision on Hedman. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep Hedman out today as a precaution to make sure he’s 100% later - but I don’t think he’ll be out the whole series.
That would be outstanding news.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:00 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Is Coleman/Goodrow/Maroon really bringing that much more than Erne/Callahan/Miller?
Without question. Erne and Miller weren't exactly the toughest to play against and we are really talking about 25% effective Callahan. Guy was held together with fishing line and chewing gum at the end.

Maroon alone makes the bottom 6 far tougher to play against than any of the above, and Coleman has been no slouch either. I'd like to see more from Goodrow, but he's been on the roster, what 12 games? Also, add Bogosian and Schenn into that equation. It wasn't just the forward lines that got a sandpaper boost. Bogosian and Schenn are lightyears tougher than Rutta.

Everything else you mentioned is totally fair, but I'm staying optimistic until there's a reason not to be, this playoff season.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Without question. Erne and Miller weren't exactly the toughest to play against and we are really talking about 25% effective Callahan. Guy was held together with fishing line and chewing gum at the end.

Maroon alone makes the bottom 6 far tougher to play against than any of the above, and Coleman has been no slouch either. I'd like to see more from Goodrow, but he's been on the roster, what 12 games? Also, add Bogosian and Schenn into that equation. It wasn't just the forward lines that got a sandpaper boost. Bogosian and Schenn are lightyears tougher than Rutta.

Everything else you mentioned is totally fair, but I'm staying optimistic until there's a reason not to be, this playoff season.
Eh, I'm not sure Bogosian is anything more than Coburn, and really he and Schenn only play if there are injuries anyways (which I guess there are for game 1). I don't know, maybe I expected a lot more out of Coleman than I have seen. One interesting thing will be Tampa is not really favored this year, I think more people are picking Columbus. So Tampa shouldn't have this high and mighty "Oh lets save our ice time for later rounds." But we will see. My guess is Game 1 is going to be a very important game for Tampa.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Cooper's Law

Hedman on the ice for warmups
Old 08-11-2020, 01:40 PM

I see 77 in warmups.... hmmmmm

(ya beat me to it Derek)
Old 08-11-2020, 01:42 PM

So, if he's playing, do the Jackets try and run him?? At their peril..
Old 08-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Popcorn Server

I feel like the Lightning are either gonna sweep them off the map or lose a close series. Hopefully Cooper is let go if that happens and I am not so sure I want JBB either. His trades have been awful. The JT Miller one was fine due to cost