BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 04-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default News of the Day II

You know what to do...
Old 04-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

So after the Donald Sterling tape, a person has spoken in his defense. Donald Trump on Fox news reportedly said he was set up by a "very, very bad girlfriend". It's impossible to make up stuff more ridiculous than comes out of his mouth with no script, but of course if anyone would know a money hungry little tramp of a mistress is The Donald. What a putz!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
So after the Donald Sterling tape, a person has spoken in his defense. Donald Trump on Fox news reportedly said he was set up by a "very, very bad girlfriend". It's impossible to make up stuff more ridiculous than comes out of his mouth with no script, but of course if anyone would know a money hungry little tramp of a mistress is The Donald. What a putz!
Sterling is saying the same thing. Honestly, she does have motive to do such a thing, and I find it interesting that he isn't appologizing like crazy like you would expect, but is trying to defend it as something he didn't say. Do I believe him? No, and certainly his prior acts make me inclined to believe he did say those things (and completely meant every word), but I do find his response interesting.

Speaking of his prior acts, I think the "Outrage" by current players/coaches is laughable. As I stated before, this is nothing new on him, so I don't know why they all of a sudden are hitting the floor about this.

Let me throw this out there as well, am I in no way defending the ignorant POS or do I have even the slightest bit of sympathy for him (assuming all of this is true which I do). I think it just bothers me to some extent to have guys go and sign with this team when his racism is pretty common knowledge, and then have them complain after they got their contract like this is something new.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
Well, the tape didn't magically make its way to TMZ. It sounds like what Trump is stating should be fairly obvious, given his "girlfriends" checkered past. Sterling is an idiot for allowing it to happen. The vast majority of people harbor stereotypes of some type, but they're just smart enough to keep those private and not reveal their biases to people who have something to gain from the extortion of that knowledge to the public.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Well, the tape didn't magically make its way to TMZ. It sounds like what Trump is stating should be fairly obvious, given his "girlfriends" checkered past. Sterling is an idiot for allowing it to happen. The vast majority of people harbor stereotypes of some type, but they're just smart enough to keep those private and not reveal their biases to people who have something to gain from the extortion of that knowledge to the public.
I agree with this. It is just in the human nature to be stereotypical towards things. This whole thing with Sterling is a bit amusing honestly. You own an NBA team where the players are predominantly African American and you make comments like this? I honestly wonder if this happened with a NHL owner, if this would be such a big deal?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM

He (allegedly) asked Rollie Massimino waaay back on 1983 why he thought he could coach those n$&@@&$s. Told Elgin Baylor he would like to run the franchise like a plantation; beneficent massa taking care of his happy players.

Nothing new. No TMZ years ago.

This sort of stupidity doesn't (mostly) go away until all of us boomers are six feet under. There will always be some of this stupidity but younger people didn't grow up with institutionalized racism as we did.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:12 PM

He is the perfect example that racism has no boundaries.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
He is the perfect example that racism has no boundaries.
Always fewer boundaries for the wealthy.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:09 PM
BP Staff

She totally set him up. She knew what he was, and he was too stupid to realize the obvious that she was baiting him and taping him. It sounded like she was reading from a script, for crying out loud.

I found the whole thing creepy and bizarre. The guy's still married and has a girlfriend on the side (I guess it's an open secret?) and is telling said girlfriend on the side he doesn't mind her sleeping with other guys as long as she's not seen with them in public?

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh, it was very LA. Too LA for me.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
She totally set him up. She knew what he was, and he was too stupid to realize the obvious that she was baiting him and taping him. It sounded like she was reading from a script, for crying out loud.

I found the whole thing creepy and bizarre. The guy's still married and has a girlfriend on the side (I guess it's an open secret?) and is telling said girlfriend on the side he doesn't mind her sleeping with other guys as long as she's not seen with them in public?

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh, it was very LA. Too LA for me.
I agree, that makes the most sense to me. Though how long has the wife been "estranged?"