BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Janitor's Closet

Old 01-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default Quick reply feature & time of posts

Two questions.

1. Is there any way to make the Quick Reply active without clicking on the pen and paper icon at the bottom of someone's posts?

2. Can you change the time listed for someone's post to the time they posted it, rather than how long ago they posted it? I can do the math, I'd just rather not.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
1. Is there any way to make the Quick Reply active without clicking on the pen and paper icon at the bottom of someone's posts?
I don't think so, but it doesn't show which post you're replying to unless you include the quotes. (not sure if that was the concern here or not) You can just hit the quick reply after any post & use the box.

Quote:
2. Can you change the time listed for someone's post to the time they posted it, rather than how long ago they posted it? I can do the math, I'd just rather not.
I don't see it in the options, so I think that's Tim's domain. It's not something you can change for yourself personally, I don't think.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
Two questions.

Below is the help from the admin manual on Quick Reply:

"If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums."

We don't have threaded mode enabled, so I can disable the click requirement and see what happens.

Quote:
Done.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Here's a quick reply... Of course, you can't use the "quote in message option" unless you click the pen/paper icon in a post.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
"If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums."

We don't have threaded mode enabled, so I can disable the click requirement and see what happens.
TexasBolt, we actually do have threaded mode available and users can select if they want to view forums using the threaded or hybrid display modes.

I'm changing my mind and going to make folk have to click the pen/paper icon to link a quick reply to a post. Sorry... but I'm worried about some of the display options being non-sensical by having quick replies not linked to a post. Sorry.