BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They send a ton of reminders so you would need to be pretty clueless to be completely unaware that your tickets will be renewed if you don't take any action.
They did send me one notice that they would be automatically renewed, and my comment was basically who do you think you are? I never agreed to that when I renewed last year. They backed down pretty quickly this year.

However, in the future, if you want to be a season ticket holder you must agree to allow them to automatically renew your tickets.

You seem to miss a couple of points. What if you are incapacitated and don't get the notice? What if you are out of town when they notify you? What if you are dead? I guess that isn't your problem - but it could be your heirs. And one final thing - they don't have to notify you. That is your responsibility. When the team again sucks and they are having trouble selling tickets, they could just renew everyone's tickets without notice.

I find it more the principle that they would charge you $10,000 without you ever agreeing to renew. I find that concept objectionable.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
They did send me one notice that they would be automatically renewed, and my comment was basically who do you think you are? I never agreed to that when I renewed last year. They backed down pretty quickly this year.

However, in the future, if you want to be a season ticket holder you must agree to allow them to automatically renew your tickets.

You seem to miss a couple of points. What if you are incapacitated and don't get the notice? What if you are out of town when they notify you? What if you are dead? I guess that isn't your problem - but it could be your heirs. And one final thing - they don't have to notify you. That is your responsibility. When the team again sucks and they are having trouble selling tickets, they could just renew everyone's tickets without notice.

I find it more the principle that they would charge you $10,000 without you ever agreeing to renew. I find that concept objectionable.
It's your choice to sign the contract though in order to get the tickets. If it is that objectionable, don't sign the contract. Or try to amend your contract and send it back for their endorsement.

I would think that if you are incapacitated/dead, that would be grounds to have the contract terminated and the amounts refunded, which would fall to your PoA or Executor, since you can't be party to a contract if you have no capacity. There might be language in the contract that covers that type of situation.

You raise a good point through. At minimum, if that is a significant amount of money for you (and I would think it is), I would probably have instructions on how to terminate the contract added to your will, or at least give the executor a heads up that it would be a necessity, unless your heirs want to take them over. In that case you probably need assignability as part of the contract, language which may already be in your contract.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Brian Bradley's Pimp Blazer

I think you are taking it way to personally, I am sure the reason they are doing this is because it was a hassle getting every single STM to respond regarding renewal. I have already received two reminders and the deadline isn't until March 15th. You would need to be wearing a tin foil hat to think that this is a big scam to allow them to charge dead people for season tickets.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I think you are taking it way to personally, I am sure the reason they are doing this is because it was a hassle getting every single STM to respond regarding renewal. I have already received two reminders and the deadline isn't until March 15th. You would need to be wearing a tin foil hat to think that this is a big scam to allow them to charge dead people for season tickets.
I doubt it's for dead people, but it's definitely to get people to autorenew without thinking about it. Subscription services do the exact same thing. Now it's easier to have my $10 a month Office come out without me noticing than season tickets, but that's the principle of it.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

My tickets got an 11% bump for next year, after a 10% bump this year. Over the last 5 years it's a little over 7% on an annualized basis. That's pretty steep if you compare it to the inflation rate over that period. But the fact is the tickets have been quite cheap historically compared to most markets and I don't blame them for making some significant bumps to reach market rates. Although 29% is outrageous.

They're very smart people so I'm sure they have a good idea what this market will tolerate. I hope the prices level out soon though.