BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Thumbs down 2019-2020 season tickets

The price of success.

My tickets went up 29%.

But if you pay in full you do get a 3rd Jersey that you can put on eBay.
“You don’t even have to commit a crime, to lose your job in this constitutional republic. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.” Lindsey Graham
Old 02-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

WOW. In all my years, I NEVER saw that large an increase.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
But if you pay in full you do get a 3rd Jersey that you can put on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
WOW. In all my years, I NEVER saw that large an increase.
With 180+ straight home sellouts, demand is through the roof. Price will follow.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Default increase and jersey

My full season ticket went up a couple of hundred (I'm in the 300s) but I guess $20 extra a month in payment is worth it! It's like paying for the new jersey they are giving us!

Also, the jersey is if you resign up thru Bolts For Life - not if you pay in full (that's how I understood the e-mail that was sent out).
Old 02-08-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post
My full season ticket went up a couple of hundred (I'm in the 300s) but I guess $20 extra a month in payment is worth it! It's like paying for the new jersey they are giving us!

Also, the jersey is if you resign up thru Bolts For Life - not if you pay in full (that's how I understood the e-mail that was sent out).
And I believe it is using a Chase credit card.

Seat went up just over 10%. Thinking maybe I will buy the playoffs and sell them to pay off next season or look for someone to share with.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 02-08-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

10% vs 29%, I assume the section is playing into this?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:59 AM

I hope season ticket holders are reading their contracts with the Lightning.

In the past, the Lightning sent out the ticket renewals and the season ticket holder had to take action to renew their tickets each year.

The new general conditions state that your tickets will automatically renew next year and every year thereafter unless you take action to terminate your season ticket package. You have to send your intent to terminate to a specific address by a specific date. Failure to do so means that you will be billed for the following year.

I wonder how many people are bothering to keep track of the address and the deadline date. Additionally, your heirs may not know that they have to terminate your package and will be billed for thousands of dollars for tickets that they don't want.

I contacted the Lightning and they said if you want tickets, you have to agree to these new conditions.

I liken it to, if you move you have to indemnify the movers so that if they negligently break your stuff that they aren't responsible. The contract is unfair to the person moving, but if you want to use a mover, those are the conditions. Same thing here, if you want season tickets you have to agree to their conditions.
“You don’t even have to commit a crime, to lose your job in this constitutional republic. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.” Lindsey Graham
Old 02-19-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I hope season ticket holders are reading their contracts with the Lightning.

In the past, the Lightning sent out the ticket renewals and the season ticket holder had to take action to renew their tickets each year.

The new general conditions state that your tickets will automatically renew next year and every year thereafter unless you take action to terminate your season ticket package. You have to send your intent to terminate to a specific address by a specific date. Failure to do so means that you will be billed for the following year.

I wonder how many people are bothering to keep track of the address and the deadline date. Additionally, your heirs may not know that they have to terminate your package and will be billed for thousands of dollars for tickets that they don't want.

I contacted the Lightning and they said if you want tickets, you have to agree to these new conditions.

I liken it to, if you move you have to indemnify the movers so that if they negligently break your stuff that they aren't responsible. The contract is unfair to the person moving, but if you want to use a mover, those are the conditions. Same thing here, if you want season tickets you have to agree to their conditions.
Price of success.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM

So they basically made it Bolt for Life for everyone? Crazy. I do it intentionally but it doesn't make sense to just spring it on people like that.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Paul Kennedy's Cue Cards

They send a ton of reminders so you would need to be pretty clueless to be completely unaware that your tickets will be renewed if you don't take any action.