BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:35 PM
ZeykShade's Avatar
ZeykShade ZeykShade is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
The moment I saw that goofy CGI Alita I was out.
The Uncanny Valley. The same feeling I get when I look at the Governor of my state giving a press conference or interview...I swear the man is Max Headroom.
__________________
The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16,714
Default

Yeah but it also said to me that they didn't understand how manga art works. Just because the characters have large expressive eyes doesn't mean they literally have to be that large when you translate it to live action.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-19-2019, 02:17 PM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yeah but it also said to me that they didn't understand how manga art works. Just because the characters have large expressive eyes doesn't mean they literally have to be that large when you translate it to live action.
It's almost as if they are two different artistic mediums.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-12-2019, 04:08 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,101
Default

New Aladdin trailer looks awesome! Shouldn't have judged the snapshot CGI Will Smith from the original teaser, comes out the day after my birthday.
__________________
#choke
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:24 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,101
Default

James Gunn reinstated to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3
__________________
#choke
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:10 PM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,657
Default

Where’s the outrage?
__________________
“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:03 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,915
Default

Holy crap. Avengers End Game is sitting at $1.2 BILLION for opening weekend worldwide. That is a record by hundreds of millions of dollars. Domestically, it now own the opening record weekend at something like $350 million, $100 million more than the previous record. Think I read in China it owns their opening night record, being 5 times more than the previous record. I know I read that opening night, it accounted for 99.1% of all movie tickets sold. Not only is it destroying all records, it has completely obliterated the experts estimates/guesses. Not sure we will ever see anything like this again.

Personally, I REALLY liked it. Not sure more than Infinity Wars, but easily in my top 3, and was a perfect conclusion to the last 11 years.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:17 PM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Holy crap. Avengers End Game is sitting at $1.2 BILLION for opening weekend worldwide. That is a record by hundreds of millions of dollars. Domestically, it now own the opening record weekend at something like $350 million, $100 million more than the previous record. Think I read in China it owns their opening night record, being 5 times more than the previous record. I know I read that opening night, it accounted for 99.1% of all movie tickets sold. Not only is it destroying all records, it has completely obliterated the experts estimates/guesses. Not sure we will ever see anything like this again.

Personally, I REALLY liked it. Not sure more than Infinity Wars, but easily in my top 3, and was a perfect conclusion to the last 11 years.
It would be cool if Disney threw some money at Jack Kirby's estate, considering he created damn near all those characters. Not holding my breath though, that's not how Disney or Marvel roll.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-29-2019, 05:42 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,101
Default

Good to see Marvel rewarded for what they have done
__________________
#choke

Last edited by RSchmitz; 04-29-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-29-2019, 06:56 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
It would be cool if Disney threw some money at Jack Kirby's estate, considering he created damn near all those characters. Not holding my breath though, that's not how Disney or Marvel roll.
Yeah no chance. I do think if he was alive there would be a good chance of him making a stan Lee type cameo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.