BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-31-2019, 01:28 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
If you like 3 seasons, move to the Inland Empire in CA. Winter is more like Fall. You can see all the snow you want if you wish by simply driving a little bit into the higher elevations.

Every morning it's in the mid-30s, warms to just south of 70 and drops off again.

Summer can be brutally hot and dry, but once the sun goes down it cools off substantially and 85F here is not remotely uncomfortable. Hell, 110F in the shade feels bearable because there's really not much humidity.

The only place better is San Diego. It's more expensive, but that place has to have the best weather year-round period.

I live in the high desert. I send pictures to my sister in Ann Arbor in February when I have to run the AC in my car. She sends me photos of beautiful snow, I send her a photo of me consoling myself on my back porch while wearing shorts and drinking a beer. Two of my three daughters live in Oceanside CA. 3 blocks from the beach. Nice place too. San Diego is ridiculously expensive. I think people have to rob banks just to pay the taxes.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:43 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
I live in the high desert. I send pictures to my sister in Ann Arbor in February when I have to run the AC in my car. She sends me photos of beautiful snow, I send her a photo of me consoling myself on my back porch while wearing shorts and drinking a beer. Two of my three daughters live in Oceanside CA. 3 blocks from the beach. Nice place too. San Diego is ridiculously expensive. I think people have to rob banks just to pay the taxes.
Reno is similar to Ridgecrest in that it's "high desert". We're at 5000' but only 3 miles from the Cal line and "I can see the Sierras from my house". 30 minutes to 6' of snow, Lake Tahoe and Donner. I do enjoy the dry climate and the snow (former Michigander).
Old 01-21-2020, 11:42 AM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Driving to work today at the Portland Jetport (PWM) about a 1/4 mile from the Maine State DHS building and I see this guy walking same way I am going on the other side of the 2 way road in the middle of the lane, I actually watched a car have to yield to him and go around him, which I thought odd.
So its cold out, real cold.
5 degrees F.
I pull up next to him and say, hey, do you need a ride somewhere?
He leans forward with a hateful look on his face and screams F You.

I haven't had that happen to me in years, and frankly, driving away I was soul searching wondering what just happened.

He easily could have escalated to violence. No way he was getting in the car after that.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:26 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Anyone have any tips on selling jewelry on consignment? Send me a PM.