BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 12-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Eye doctor friend of mine was supposed to do lasik for Jameis when he was a rookie, before his first season. Said Jameis backed out because he was scared.
Understandable. I'm near sighted as well but haven't bothered with LASIK because if they screw it up, well you only get two eyes. I understand LASIK keeps getting better and safer, though. The other reason I don't get it is because my sight isn't really that bad, I can get around my house and use the computer just fine without glasses, only really need them for driving or watching Lightning games. But while I can play recreational soccer without glasses, I couldn't imagine playing professional football and quarterbacking like that. I wouldn't be able to make out exactly how much separation between a receiver and their defender there is way down the field.

Still there's also contacts or prescription visors I hear. Why not try that?

Last edited by Hoek; 12-31-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:56 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Itís all on Jameis. He has to know that if he doesnít improve his decision-making and accuracy (ie. Stop giving out so many gifts), thereís little chance of making the playoffs and no chance of winning it all.

Heíll have a long offseason of reflection. Iím 100% certain heíll be back next season. Iím not nearly as certain heís capable of changing.
The doofus said he was "ballin'" after the game. He's literally the only reason the Bucs weren't a playoff team this year. They probably have the nastiest front seven of any team I saw all season and they're stacked to the gills at the skill positions on offense.

IMO Arians would be a fool not to take a look at what's available on the market, because a replacement level starter could probably get that team to a wild card.

Put it another way: everyone on Atlanta sports radio was laughing their asses off and hoping the Bucs will franchise Jameis and keep him forever because they know he's the anchor holding the franchise back at this point.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:57 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
@gregauman

You guys often ask about Jameis Winston squinting and his vision. Arians with an odd answer today: "He's nearsighted. He can't read the scoreboard, but he can see the guys in front of him, so he's fine. He's got goggles he practices (with) sometimes."

Are you fucking shitting me? Unbelievable. Why haven't they tried fixing his eyes a long ass time ago? How are you supposed to evaluate a QB when he can't even see well?
From the same franchise that brought you color blind Vinny Testaverde.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:46 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Big Jab radio Portland Maine yesterday afternoon was talking about QB around the league and where they may end up going.
Winston came up. No one up here can understand why the guy has a cannon for an arm and throws 30 picks. They think he cannot read his checkdowns fast enough (intelligence) and also that because of his arm is so strong he puts the ball in places where other QB wouldn't dare and gets picked. So bottom line is they think the only team that would take him is the Bucs because of the 30 picks.

Never heard of the nearsightness issue.
If thats true its an epic fail on the part of the Bucs not to get that condition fixed.
Contacts, goggles, or lasik.
Its all good.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Quote:
No offense to Big Jab, but you listen to some seriously fucked up sports radio.
I hate listening to the morning guys but the afternoon guys make me laugh. Javier Gority gets on epic rants, and best of all, he is a Jets fan and every year takes it hard on the chin. He is a hockey guy, played goalie for UMaine back a few years. Sedenka is his side kick and a Pats fan.

For instance they don't get the Red Sox potentially moving Mookie Betts on because the Red Sox want to reel in salary to get under the luxury tax. Man, the Sox are worth how much????....I am thinking, spend the cash, he is a generational talent and move out bad contracts like David Price and others.

I listened to Big Dog on WDAE for 21 years and that was a bit off of center as well.

Last edited by gphockey; 12-31-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:01 PM
Cooper's Law

I haven't went back and watched all his interceptions, but I feel like most of them are on short/intermediate out routes and curl routes where he already knows pre-snap where it's going and he stares his target down the whole time. That's why so many of his interceptions are by linebackers reading him and dropping into coverage. That's something that should be fixable, but that's also something that a QB in year 5 of the NFL shouldn't be doing.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:22 PM
BP Staff

He stared down the pick six to end the Falcons game so badly I could see it happening before he even threw the ball.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:37 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Understandable. I'm near sighted as well but haven't bothered with LASIK because if they screw it up, well you only get two eyes. I understand LASIK keeps getting better and safer, though. The other reason I don't get it is because my sight isn't really that bad, I can get around my house and use the computer just fine without glasses, only really need them for driving or watching Lightning games. But while I can play recreational soccer without glasses, I couldn't imagine playing professional football and quarterbacking like that. I wouldn't be able to make out exactly how much separation between a receiver and their defender there is way down the field.

Still there's also contacts or prescription visors I hear. Why not try that?
I had nearsightedness and severe astigmatism. I no longer do. I have 20/15 vision at distances greater than 3'.

LASIK was the best thing I ever did. Had worn glasses since grade 3 until 2 years ago. That said, you have to wait until your prescriptions stabilize so you're not throwing your money away. You will likely need reading glasses for well...reading at some point in your life(once your arms aren't long enough )

The place I got it done at has a lifetime warranty on what they call enhancements. Originally my left eye was perfect but the right one needed an enhancement. Fine now.

So, if you're considering it, make sure your prescription has stabilized, ask the clinic what their rate of enhancements/repeat surgeries are and see if they offer a lifetime warranty on enhancements. The only other side effect I've experienced from LASIK is a common one. My eyes are dryer than they were prior to the surgery. I use drops 1 or 2x a day. Usually early in the morning when I get up and again mid-afternoon.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK

Last edited by ZeykShade; 12-31-2019 at 05:39 PM.