BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Cooper's Law

This is why we need universal health care.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:41 PM
The Bulin Wall

Got my first official pension check from my former professor job. People have remarked at how much more 'centered' I appear. It was a shitty hostile work environment, aside from the students and most faculty......
Old 08-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I'll be right over. We'll celebrate with some fine brown spirits!
Old 08-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
......although when I was in grad school my wife and I managed to max out two different deductibles for a total of 12K a few years back. That took a while to recover from.
For any Christians out there there is Medi Share and Samaritan ministries that bill share. I know a young family who has had 5 kids, and the family also has 4 documented Lyme disease cases as well.

The family in need submit the bills and people who participate send you checks directly. There is an upfront cost involved, but I think fairly modest compared to $12000
So far they have done well and their bill paying needs met.

Too bad we do not have secular companies that roll that way.

SAMARITAN MINISTRIES
https://samaritanministries.org/?gcl...SAAEgK26vD_BwE

MEDISHARE
https://www.medishare.com/savings?mk...iAAEgLGIvD_BwE

Last edited by gphockey; 08-13-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:18 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Are you serious?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

I'm really not into anything that makes people reliant on the largesse of people better off than them who get to decide if they're worthy. Rather have the government deal with it.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Are you serious?
It's impossible to be nonreligious and giving, didn't you know?
Old 08-14-2019, 12:34 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Isn't this exactly like GoFundMe but for Christians with health care needs?
Quote:
If your ministry is only for other Christians, calling it a Samaritan ministry seems to be a bit of a misnomer.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Are you serious?
Just so I am clear on all of your responses, you don't think a health care plan where the users send money directly to those with a need as provided and directed by the plans office....is a good idea?

Or wont work??.....

To be even clearer, Tom and Susan are having a baby in Dallas Texas, and as directed by the company you are enrolled in, you wouldn't, or couldn't, send (or accept for that matter when you have a need) a check to the amount of your obligation of the plan your are enrolled in, to the people with a need as part of your participation, but rather pay funds to a corporation as part of a more conventional plan? Cause we all know how well that has been working.
You are saying that this concept won't, or hasn't been working.....even though it has for years now. Is that what you are all saying?

Or would you all rather have the government, who has done such a great job of managing....anything, take care of one of the most important concerns of your life, your personal health? They have done such a bang up job to date. Is that the way you want to roll?

So if Allstate, or any other "Insurance" company, or....help us all, the US Government rolled out an option exactly like Medi share or Samaritans, you are saying you wouldn't consider it?

....and a a secondary benefit, and I have had this happen to me while I was on the plan, you don't think that doctors offices won't negotiate better rates because they know they are getting paid with a check or cash, instead of having to deal with the conventional reams of paperwork and insurance issues. There would be a delay in getting payment to them, like they don't have one already, as you have to wait for the checks to come in. All is to be negotiated at the time of service or before hand with the health care provider and yourself.

Note, no need to point out that sometimes Insurance companies also negotiate rates as well.

Just asking.

Last edited by gphockey; 08-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Or would you all rather have the government, who has done such a great job of managing....anything, take care of one of the most important concerns of your life, your personal health? They have done such a bang up job to date. Is that the way you want to roll?
While I can't tell if you are making this statement in jest or not, I suggest you go read The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis if you think the US Government is an ineffective manager of anything. The Department of Energy, Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, NASA, the CIA, the FBI, the CDC, are all chunks of the government that prove your statement to be false on its face.

I'm not saying the government should or should not be in healthcare, but I know what I quoted above is completely and utterly baseless. Go do some research and come back to me and tell me the Department of Energy is an ineffective manager of the nuclear arsenal and then wonder why the Columbia river isn't leeching nuclear waste into the ocean and making Portland Oregon and all other towns that line it uninhabitable, or tell me that the National Weather Service doesn't know what they are doing the next time a tornado warning or hurricane spaghetti model gives people a heads up on incoming danger.

Last edited by dannybolt; 08-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.