BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Beginning to wonder if this team has the right chemistry and/or fortitude to win a cup.

BTW, NO excuses for injuries, every team goes through injuries. Thats what coaching skill, depth and a talent loaded farm system will overcome.
C'mon dude. They lost to the Leafs by one goal after gutting out a playoff style win against Boston. The sky is still up above you. It hasn't fallen.

It's also ridiculous to wave away losing your #1 Center and #1 Defenseman, saying that depth could handle it. Maybe if we had Sean Kuraly we could lose Stamkos without missing a beat.

It is not near time to panic.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:55 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
C'mon dude. They lost to the Leafs by one goal after gutting out a playoff style win against Boston. The sky is still up above you. It hasn't fallen.

It's also ridiculous to wave away losing your #1 Center and #1 Defenseman, saying that depth could handle it. Maybe if we had Sean Kuraly we could lose Stamkos without missing a beat.

I won't advocate complete panic, but we are 3-6-1 in our last 10. Buffalo and Pitt are the only teams that has been worse than us in the last 10 games. They are heading in the wrong direction heading down the stretch.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post

Give them credit for winning in Boston and eking out a point against cellar dwelling Wings, 3 out of 4 points playing back to back road games is good.

Injuries is no excuse with a team this loaded. I wish I had the "problems" Cooper has when I was coaching.

See, you ARE starting to warm up to Kuraly. You must have loved him coming off the bench/bench area to get involved in the March 7 "skirmish in Boston". (See 00:42 of the video) I really don't know if he was on the bench or not but came from that area.

BTW did anyone notice during the skirmish Cirelli crosschecking Chara square in the back snapping his head back? (See 2:45 and 4:02 on the video) The Boston fan I work with was pretty aggravated about that one. Jacka$$ Edwards had some classic comments during the brawl. Its a wonder he still has a job.

Skirmish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmuGo5oKbA

No panic, just pissed losing to the Leafs.

Last edited by gphockey; 03-11-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
BTW did anyone notice during the skirmish Cirelli crosschecking Chara square in the back snapping his head back? @ 2:45 and 4:02 on the video. The Boston fan I work with was pretty aggravated about that one.
Skirmish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmuGo5oKbA
Was all the rage on Reddit as well. LMFAO at Boston fans whining when the Bruins get 1% back of the crap they dispense on the regular.

Just send your coworker these and tell him to stuff it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimZ1tSdPY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvnIHHlJTs
That one has a cross-check from behind to the head of a Lightning player, maybe Tarnasky?
Old 03-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

The Athletic headline: Toronto easily handles Tampa Bay with dominate performance.

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."
Old 03-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The Athletic headline: Toronto easily handles Tampa Bay with dominate performance.
Funny, bordering on hysterically funny.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

[quote=dannybolt;249460]
Just send your coworker these and tell him to stuff it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimZ1tSdPY0

I remember that cheap shot on Pacioretty. I don't believe Chara was suspended for that either but should have been. Caused the league to look at safety though with the curved glass.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/...t-team-benches

Last edited by gphockey; 03-11-2020 at 02:29 PM.