BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Default Brian Bradley, John Cullen, Chris Gratton

no freaking way the Brian Bradley is not on the all time team and Selivanov is? Gratton had some good years and was a the franchise face til he turned heel to borrow wrestling parlance. Rob Zamuner anyone? How long and how well played for the Lightning begs the qualifier for Cicarelli who was loved here and hated as soon as he had another sweater. Freddy Modin and Feds with 2 game 7 SC goals are also higher on my list than Selivanov.

Stamkos is already proven in his very short tenure and will be all time, all timer by the time this contract is up. Reality is that Stammer belongs on the first team. He ain't no Alexeev or Svitov still waiting for Ricky D. Even if Stammer got a career ending injury he has still made his mark although I am waiting on him to crack the Kontos 4 goals in a game to launch this franchise. I was not there until game 3, but I was on board from the beginning.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Default How about 13 Fs, 7Ds and 2 Gs?

that would be a team and then put them on the ice as you envision they should be matched up?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

I'm sure there are still some middle aged women fans that would want Darcy Tucker in there
Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Cooper's Law

What?! No Andre Roy?!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Popcorn Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby View Post
i'm sure there are still some middle aged women fans that would want enrico ciccone in there
ftfy. ;-)
Old 11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Cooper's Law

In the absence of so many others already mentioned, Selivanov being on the list based on, let's face it, scoring a single memorable goal qualifies as pretty damn surprising in my book. I got more of a jolt out of Iggy "Pop" Ulanov in that series (as did a lot of our opponents)

Brad Richards...does the "expert" who compiled the list need to be reminded that in 2003-04, every single game in which Richards scored was a game the Lightning did not lose? Thirty-three games worth? That record will stand for the rest of time. Then, on top of that, an NHL record SEVEN game-winning goals in the playoffs en route to earning the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup? He puts Alexander Selivanov above that? It defies comprehension. Why not Brent Gretzky, dude? Look at his last name!

At least he got the two goalies right, which was the easiest thing anyone has ever done besides having bad breath.

This is kind of the liability IMHO with any type of "Greatest All Time" list, in any genre. Every list I've ever seen of Greatest Hockey Players of All Time, or the Top 10 or Top 50 rock groups, songs, singers, videos, guitarists, etc. has had me shaking my head and laughing in disbelief at who they left out and who they put on the list...it just comes with the territory, but humans are list-making animals driven to it by forces beyond their control...soon I'll post my list of the Top 10 Worst Lists of All Time

EDIT: Reading too fast, somehow didn't see Brad Richards on the 2nd team after all. D'oh! (Could've been on the first team though, in place of Andreychuk)

Last edited by Top Shelf; 11-03-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Not Very Observant
Old 11-02-2011, 03:20 PM

I'm thinking they didn't want to just put our starting line up from the Cup run as our first team and tried to mix in some older players so the entire team wasn't from 6-7 years ago on a 20 year old team.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Selivanov got on the list solely because Larry Hirsch's wife got to go to Vegas.

Quote:
But where is Ian Herbers?
Mulling over the snub with Dieter Kochan and Marek Posmyk over at Arby's.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 PM
BP Staff

From 2007:

http://boltprospects.com/node/2502

http://boltprospects.com/node/2490
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM

God, those are some names I never want to read or hear about again in the All-time All-dog Team