BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Yep. Now that's clutch. Hopefully gets him going down the stretch.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

This team is done.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

What a terrible way to lose.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:30 PM

Another one of those games that would have been tolerable to lose if we hadn't thrown away so many earlier in the year. Lehtonen was huge when he had to be, though it would have been nice to get more of those big shots on target. Yeah Holmer should have stopped the one that did us in, but tough break with Kuba's stick.

Last edited by Hoek; 02-09-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Another one of those games that would have been tolerable to lose if we hadn't thrown away so many earlier in the year.
That's what I was just thinking. It's ok to get these crappy breaks if you don't piss away half the season. :mmph:
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yay for absolutely abysmal camera work.. :thumpdown:

Reminded me of "Cloverfield"
Old 02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Send a message via AIM to nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post

nhljohnson: "The Lightning play 7 games (including tonight) before the next trade deadline. The boys are 6-4-0 in their last 10 and hold at least a game in hand on all the other division opponents.

Holmqvist will play, IMO, until the Lightning commit to seller status and Ramo won't have to play with the playoffs on the line. As for Holmqvist being showcased, since he has no trade-value as a stand-alone asset, it WOULD seem the Lightning brass are hoping he can drive up his value as a throw-in on a deal, sale status notwithstanding.

Anyhow, anything short of a 5-2 run (10 of 14 points) and the Lightning should be overhauled, Ram(b)o start the bulk of the rest of the games for further seasoning."

So how do you tell Your"Star's, "OK guy's now we are just going to season our Goalie", Just how do you tell Vinny," OK man just go thur the Motion's"

How bout you just tell to "Tank the Rest of season",You know so they can get that GOOD pick that is going to win them the cup.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you implying that the Lightning should, if and when eliminated from playoff contention, continue to play a goaltender (Holmqvist) who has no future here versus evaluating and developing their projected goalie of the near future with significant time?

I don't know where you got the impression I thought the Lightning should "tank the rest of the season" or simply go "thur the Motion's." It's the coach and GM's responsibility to do what is best for the franchise. I seem to remember the Flyers playing some pretty competitive hockey after the trade deadline last season, which was phase 1 of their dramatic rebuild.

The players will know when the playoffs are out of reach, improbable, whatever. How the Lecavaliers, St. Louis', and Richards' of the league respond to that is a mark of their own personal competitive fortitude. I've seen very few unmotivated lower liners in this league, whether it be game 1 or a "meaningless" game 82.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Tough one.
Can't complain about the effort. Lehtonen always seems to play well against us.
Darche, MacDonald Tarno, played great.
As bad as it was, we're six points out of first with two games in hand on both teams and a game at home next Saturday against Washington who is five points up on us.
This and the Florida game hurt so much, but think we would have taken 7 out of 10 points before the last five games. Coulda had 10 for 10
Imagine that? Close out Florida and finish off Atlanta tonight and we're three points out of first with two games in hand!!!!!!
ahhhh
Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Send a message via AIM to nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Tough one.
Can't complain about the effort. Lehtonen always seems to play well against us.
Darche, MacDonald Tarno, played great.
As bad as it was, we're six points out of first with two games in hand on both teams and a game at home next Saturday against Washington who is five points up on us.
This and the Florida game hurt so much, but think we would have taken 7 out of 10 points before the last five games. Coulda had 10 for 10
Imagine that? Close out Florida and finish off Atlanta tonight and we're three points out of first with two games in hand!!!!!!
ahhhh
Thank god for this division, eh?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
BP Staff

If the uniforms were switched, this would have been a lucky ass win. Atlanta stood around for the final period + OT and got 2 breaks, and both ended up being goals. Meanwhile the Lightning were carrying the play.

Very unfortunate, but yeah, I echo what's already been said regarding that.

The Tarnasky-Gratton-McD line was very good. If not for a post this could have been a win.