BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
LilJimmyNorton's Avatar
LilJimmyNorton LilJimmyNorton is offline
Human Nerf Dart
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 329
Default

Terrible loss. Great first and the same old lifeless, careless, lazy, BS play that has plagued this team most of the year.

I think talk of the playoffs is unrealistic with this group, they simply can't sustain enough strong play to move up in the standings. Defense MUSt be addressed ASAP.
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 4,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBoer
After the victory, Panthers coach Peter DeBoer voiced his opinion of the hit initiated by the Artyukhin, stating he believes the 25-year-old Russian should be suspended.

“It’s a dirty hit,” DeBoer said. “We’ll let the league decide what they’re going to do with it.”
F that. R2 was coming for the hit, and Peltonen moved out of the way at the last moment. R2 tucked his leg in, but they made contact anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Jester47's Avatar
Jester47 Jester47 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,399
Send a message via AIM to Jester47
Default

Not that one person deserves to be singled out but... Krajicek was a turn over machine out there last night... does he have some ties to the Panthers we don't know about?

I think Mez gets in trouble when he tries to do too much. It's like he sees the D around him start failing and he tries to compensate too much and it ends up making him look worse. And please don't think it's that I have a man crush on for Mez, because I have never been a big fan of his, I just think that I've realized maybe I was being too harsh on him, all things considered...

Last edited by Jester47; 01-18-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 8,805
Default

We need Ranger badly, he is our only top 2 defenseman. Mes - I'd try and dump him. In my opinion a $4 million is a huge overpayment for a very timid player. Give me back Kuba and his expiring contract, the #1 and Picard. Then again if I'm dreaming of undoing OK's mistakes, just give me back Boyle.

Eminger and Luc - 5 - 6 at best. We could undo the Luc trade and be improved too.

As much as I dislike Malik, he is at least a Cullimore out there, maybe a bit better skater than Cullimore. And he's the third best option we have right now.

Smith didn't have his best game last night, but he deserved better. He was yelling at Luc to take him outside and, damn if Luc didn't let him move it right to the middle to a waiting Stillman.
__________________
You cant promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing off corrupt people. George Kent
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 13,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
With this win they take the place of Pittsburgh in the 8 seed spot.
Oh that SUCKS. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Very winnable game, that news makes me even more ticked that they didn't get it done.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 PM
LilJimmyNorton's Avatar
LilJimmyNorton LilJimmyNorton is offline
Human Nerf Dart
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
Not that one person deserves to be singled out but... Krajicek was a turn over machine out there last night... does he have some ties to the Panthers we don't know about?

I think Mez gets in trouble when he tries to do too much. It's like he sees the D around him start failing and he tries to compensate too much and it ends up making him look worse. And please don't think it's that I have a man crush on for Mez, because I have never been a big fan of his, I just think that I've realized maybe I was being too harsh on him, all things considered...
Vey much agreed. I thought Kri was awful last nite. He had a nice assist on the 3rd Panthers goal. As for Mez, I agree that he starts running around trying to make up for other's failures. Mez needs a Chara type to play with as he is not a #1 but could be a solid #2.
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-18-2009, 05:00 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,227
Default

The problem is that you simply can't be playing Krajicek and Eminger 25+ minutes a piece. These are guys you'd like to be seeing 17-18 minutes a night, and Krajicek getting outhustled on the Stillman PP goal struck me as a fatigue mistake.
__________________
S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 05
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 PM
CTLightning26 CTLightning26 is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
We need Ranger badly, he is our only top 2 defenseman. Mes - I'd try and dump him. In my opinion a $4 million is a huge overpayment for a very timid player. Give me back Kuba and his expiring contract, the #1 and Picard. Then again if I'm dreaming of undoing OK's mistakes, just give me back Boyle.

Eminger and Luc - 5 - 6 at best. We could undo the Luc trade and be improved too.

As much as I dislike Malik, he is at least a Cullimore out there, maybe a bit better skater than Cullimore. And he's the third best option we have right now.

Smith didn't have his best game last night, but he deserved better. He was yelling at Luc to take him outside and, damn if Luc didn't let him move it right to the middle to a waiting Stillman.
Mez is so much better than kuba... christ... and i like picard, but, geez, people talk like he is fricken Lidstrom.
he played frigging 20 games with us
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 PM
CTLightning26 CTLightning26 is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
The problem is that you simply can't be playing Krajicek and Eminger 25+ minutes a piece. These are guys you'd like to be seeing 17-18 minutes a night, and Krajicek getting outhustled on the Stillman PP goal struck me as a fatigue mistake.
so true
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,612
Default ugh 2

Krac is just useless out there. He gives the puck away too much and does not look and act. On the Stillman goal he just gave the puck away to Cory and he hit an easy goal. how stupid. Eminger is better but not by much. We got fleeced in the Mez trade--we overpaid. I like Mez when he stays within himself and not when he overcompensates for his teammates. I think Quick has a real future here, fast wheels and great hands, and smaby looks like he belongs up here. By Marek hope you like the popcorn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.