BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Cooper's Law

Can't recall the last time I was so encouraged by a playoff loss. I thought our skaters played their very best road game, and have improved to championship caliber in that regard. The fact that we're still learning and growing should make Chicago and its fans wet themselves.

Of course I wish we would have won and taken a stranglehold on the series, but I think we did something nearly as good. We sent a message to the Hawks – you were lucky to barely beat us at home against our 20-year-old backup goalie.

I think both of these teams know we're skating the Cup and won't be denied.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
We sent a message to the Hawks you were lucky to barely beat us at home against our 20-year-old backup goalie.
That is a very good perspective, they should be pretty worried.

Quote:
Wish I had this confidence
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

We are due for an offensive explosion aren't we?

It's pretty discouraging seeing TJ out there, he looks like he is really hurting....that line has definitely lost some of its bite.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Can't recall the last time I was so encouraged by a playoff loss. I thought our skaters played their very best road game, and have improved to championship caliber in that regard. The fact that we're still learning and growing should make Chicago and its fans wet themselves.

Of course I wish we would have won and taken a stranglehold on the series, but I think we did something nearly as good. We sent a message to the Hawks you were lucky to barely beat us at home against our 20-year-old backup goalie.

Love this confidence/positivity, but sadly mine is no where equal to this. Guess the other part that worries me is giving the Hawks any type of life/momentum is a bad thing. Now couple that in with Hawk fans that will probably crowd Game 5 even more now in Tampa which might pump up the Hawk players a bit more. Just watching the Duck games with so many Hawks fans in the crowd had to be disheartening to the Duck players and fans at the very least. Win Game 4 and I think for the majority the Hawk fans/bang wagoners stay away more from Game 5.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
Just watching the Duck games with so many Hawks fans in the crowd had to be disheartening to the Duck players and fans at the very least.
Aren't we used to this by now, though? I worry about flat home performances but I really don't think this is the reason why. I think the guys have long since accustomed themselves to knowing certain teams will draw a disproportionate amount of visiting fans.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

It almost seems like when we are filled with Lightning fans they play poorly. When the away team fans are loud we play great.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
It almost seems like when we are filled with Lightning fans they play poorly. When the away team fans are loud we play great.
Yeah I was about to say that.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
Doesn't matter. Vasy played BEYOND what anyone expected today, the problem was the constant Lightning turnovers and inability for the PP to shoot the damn puck.

The team let him down today.
They did, though the 2nd was kind of a softie. We needed to capitalize on the PP and put these guys away, they were ripe for the picking, unable to get more than two. This team can score more than 1-2 goals in a game, but they have to relentlessly SHOOT the damn puck to do it. I about climbed out of my skin with the empty net, 8 seconds left, and they're getting cute, repeatedly "passing" up shots--WTF!!??!

Home ice means nothing to me now since they've proven it means not much to them. Games 5-7 are a toss-up without Bishop. Dammit...can't believe he's out of the playoffs a 2nd straight season. I'll hold off ripping the hockey gods a series of new ones till I see what transpires--maybe Vasi is being forged in the fire of a Cup Final victory. All's well that ends well!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Stralman had his stick tied up by Richards so he couldn't take away Saad's charge to the net. Vasi gets a stick on it but it bounces back to him off his legs. Extremely fortunate bounce.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

There will be a vast majority of Bolts fans. Any noise Hawks fans make will be quickly drowned out by Bolts chants. Only way their noise stays noisy is if game gets out of hand