BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
She didn't "win" the nomination, she was the chosen one.

Check out Yang's position on circumcision. Good for a laugh and disqualifying that he would even waste time on this non-issue.
Have you seen what he has actually said, or did you read about it somewhere? I'm guessing the latter. He's not my first choice by the smear campaign against him is ridiculous.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Keefamania!

Default Trump declares victory over ‘Deep State’ as court tosses challenge over his businesse

Trump declares victory over ‘Deep State’ as court tosses challenge over his businesses

'President Trump scored a big win on Wednesday when the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed to throw out a case that accused him of violating the Constitution through earnings from D.C. businesses including the Trump International Hotel.

The lawsuit, brought by the attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, D.C., claimed that earnings from the hotel and its related businesses violated prohibitions against receiving benefits from foreign governments, the U.S., or individual states. The Fourth Circuit declared that Maryland and D.C. lacked standing to bring the case in the first place, and ordered the lower court to dismiss the complaint. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ver-businesses
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-10-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
She didn't "win" the nomination, she was the chosen one.l.
But she also won.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:53 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
But she also won.
2016 was one of the rare cases where Democrats ran their nomination process like Republicans. That is to say, they did the opposite of the old adage, "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line."

Republicans, prior to 2016, were pretty notorious for almost always picking the next person who was obviously in line for the nomination, regardless of how enthusiastic their base was about the candidate. That's how you ended up with HW Bush in 1988, Dole in 1996, McCain in 2008, and Romney in 2012, etc.

Democrats tended to be willing to bypass the obvious choice for an outsider candidate they fell in love with, whether it be Carter in 1976, Clinton in 1992, or Obama in 2008.

There was no great enthusiasm for Hillary in 2016, but there also was no real alternative to her. Warren didn't run. Biden didn't run. Etc. If there was a failure, I think it was a failure in ambition and imagination among a Democratic Party that had its bench decimated in 2010 and 2014 (of which you currently have the exact opposite this time around).
Old 07-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Keefamania!

Default Records show Clinton dined with Epstein in 1995, predating public timeline

Records show Clinton dined with Epstein in 1995, predating public timeline

'...But according to a story published back in March 1995 by the Palm Beach Post, then-President Clinton attended a “three-hour dinner” at the time with a “very select group of people” at the Palm Beach home of business magnate Ron Perelman. The diverse group included Epstein -- as well as singer Jimmy Buffet, actor Don Johnson, then-co-chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler and others.

“Joining Clinton for a three-hour dinner was a very select group of people, some of whom, according to one Democratic Party source, gave as much as $100,000 to the Democratic National Committee for the privilege of dining with the president,” the report said.

The nearly 25-year-old report, reviewed by Fox News, indicates that Clinton and Epstein interacted years before the instances detailed in the former president's statement this week. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rec...ublic-timeline
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Old 07-10-2019, 05:52 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's not even corruption necessarily. Two things, in my estimation, have happened in the building industry over the past 10-20 years:

1.) When the economy went in the toilet between 2007 and 2012 or so, A LOT of experience left the building industry on both the design and construction side because people just couldn't make a living for a spell of nearly a half decade. Nobody was building anything so people who otherwise would've stayed in the industry as architects or contractors went into other lines of work. The people who are now replacing them in the profession don't have as much practical knowledge.

2.) As the industry steadily becomes more litigious (due in no small part to the fact that people don't know what they're doing to the same degree that they did 10-20 years ago) General Contractors are self-performing almost none of the work. They push everything onto the subs for liability purposes, and you lose a measure of coordination and quality control from that disconnect because the GC's a lot of times aren't actually laying hands on the work. The old school guys felt like time was money so they self-performed a fair amount and did a lot of the coordination and trouble shooting in the field themselves in order to get things done as fast as possible. That doesn't happen quite as much anymore.

With that said... South Florida has always had the reputation of being a cesspool of bribery and influence peddling.
Out here it’s a bit of everything. There’s also a lot of errors due to malfeasance and/or lack of comprehension (for those with English as both first and second language). Also shitty construction management. The subcontractors issue is big here also. My daughter had to call out a general contractor for shit work and late subs (severe rain damaged a neighboring property). When the college I used to teach at did renovations, everyone lied.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:54 PM

This guy makes a TON of sense. I think if everyone just stopped and thought about this for a second, we'd live in a much more progressive society. Take a look.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Out here it’s a bit of everything. There’s also a lot of errors due to malfeasance and/or lack of comprehension (for those with English as both first and second language). Also shitty construction management. The subcontractors issue is big here also. My daughter had to call out a general contractor for shit work and late subs (severe rain damaged a neighboring property). When the college I used to teach at did renovations, everyone lied.
And there's so much construction work to do right now and not enough skilled subcontractors to do it that there's a lot of subs who don't give a crap if they do a half-assed job and burn a GC. There's so much work they just move on to another well they haven't poisoned already.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Keefamania!

Default AOC ups ante in feud with Pelosi, suggests speaker is 'singling out of newly elected

AOC ups ante in feud with Pelosi, suggests speaker is 'singling out of newly elected women of color'

'..."When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm’s distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“But the persistent singling out . . . it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.” ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...ut-women-color

..."

Old 07-10-2019, 10:36 PM

Here is Jordan Peterson's take on income inequality and why Universal Basic Income is not a good thing. I've seen a lot of intellectuals including him take the stance that people derive meaning from their job and if you take that away that is why Western Culture is hooked on drugs, not entirely sure I agree with him, when the alternative is a menial job.

+ YouTube Video