BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
How about we stop focusing on placing blame and focus on fixing the damn problem...

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
It amazes me just how freely you are in throwing those words out there. These are noting but words given to you by your puppet master in an attempt to silence others with an opinion you hate.
You're saying that "Jews will not replace us" is not the speech of neo-Nazi's? F you, I'm done. I don't know why I ever bother trying to communicate with you. You are the type of person that pervades law enforcement which make poor and dark-skinned people fear for their lives every time they interact with them.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
This is also the same type of separation that Obama started. So lets call it as it is. You stay silent when Obama did it and now you cry like a littler baby when the GOP does it.....and why would this be....because you hate one side so much and refuse to give them an inch.
Continuing to repeat the same lie over and over and over and over and over still doesn’t make it become true.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:03 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
How about we stop focusing on placing blame and focus on fixing the damn problem...
I've already said what the solution is... comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship. Period, point blank.

So long as the Republicans hold any levers of power, though, they'll never allow it to pass because it'll take away one of their key base voter issues and it'll lead to the addition of a disproportionate number of voters they think will be inclined to vote for Democrats. Hence, impasse.

And, frankly, I don't see a workable solution that doesn't involve the Democrats winning the White House, House, and Senate and probably also getting rid of the filibuster in the Senate once they do. That's a bit like asking them to pull an inside straight, unfortunately.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Cooper's Law

Didn’t McConnell already get rid of the filibuster?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Continuing to repeat the same lie over and over and over and over and over still doesn’t make it become true.
Know of anybody else from history who also liked to use that tactic? Maybe someone who, I dunno, had a famous quote about it? What political party did he belong to? Plum slips my mind.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:09 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Only for judicial nominees.

Democrats would need to gut it to pass legislation of any import out of the Senate, given that as long as McConnell lives and breaths he's set the precedent he'll never allow the Democrats to pass a damned thing.

Last edited by pete; 07-05-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Nope...that was first done by Harry Reid.

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Last edited by LightningTdi; 07-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
See: McConnell, Mitch.

Who on the left is trying to stifle free speech? Free speech is protected, not hate speech. I'm sure your go-to answer will be the Antifa boogeymen. Remember what 'Antifa' stands for, anti-fascist. You have a problem with people gathering to shout down neo-Nazis, racists, and bigots? As if we didn't already know the answer...
Democrat Rep. Frederica Wilson

Florida Democrat says those 'making fun' of members of Congress online should be 'prosecuted'

'..."Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace, and there is no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable [sic],” Wilson said.

“We're gonna shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted,” she added. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...uld-prosecuted

..."

Old 07-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Justin Amash: Our politics is in a partisan death spiral. That’s why I’m leaving the GOP.

Quote:
The founders envisioned Congress as a deliberative body in which outcomes are discovered. We are fast approaching the point, however, where Congress exists as little more than a formality to legitimize outcomes dictated by the president, the speaker of the House and the Senate majority leader.

With little genuine debate on policy happening in Congress, party leaders distract and divide the public by exploiting wedge issues and waging pointless messaging wars. These strategies fuel mistrust and anger, leading millions of people to take to social media to express contempt for their political opponents, with the media magnifying the most extreme voices. This all combines to reinforce the us-vs.-them, party-first mind-set of government officials.