BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
You are making a mistake, that the people who voted for him didn't understand what type of person he was already. Saying it louder isn't a winning strategy, the democratic base is already energized, the only new people who you are speaking to are those who've buried their heads in the sand for four years. Beating him at the ballot box means you beat him on the issues, and as long as we have an authentic and intelligent candidate running against him(not Hillary), he'll defeat himself in the debates.
The independents who hated HC won’t stick with him like the MAGA crowd. This election will determine if we have future presidents who govern only for their base.

Issues are secondary to tribalism and name recognition.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
It’s time to call these pro-detention camp creatures like WW and TDI by another name: Nazis
Trump echoed Barbara Bush on camp conditions. Remember she said “those people” had it better in the Superdome than where they lived. GOP is GOP; some have a shiny veneer.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:49 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
It’s time to call these pro-detention camp creatures like WW and TDI by another name: Nazis
It’s not the whole administration or the whole party, but you have a president who isn’t terribly bright to begin with whose mental capacities are probably in decline being led around by people like Stephen Miller who were mentored by people who literally self-identify as Nazis. Stephen Miller. Steve Bannon. Seb Gorka. Yes, a lot of these bastards have come and go due to the amazing amount of churn in this White House’s staff, but cockroaches like Miller remain and they’re steering Orange Jesus straight toward the commission of human rights abuses, which he’s all too happy to co-sign.

And that, boys and girls, is why having people like Stephen Miller in your staff orbit should be disqualifying to hold government office.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
The independents who hated HC won’t stick with him like the MAGA crowd. This election will determine if we have future presidents who govern only for their base.

IDK man. Hopefully I feel better about team D after the next round of debates. I just know HC went with a heavy dose of canned identity politics and got her ass handed to her, and Obama went with a message of unity and had record levels of popularity as an upstart.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Hey Waiver, seeing how you LOVE Inspector General reports so much...

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/defaul...-51-Jul19_.pdf

That's the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General's report, titled...

And that's not some phoney baloney Pajamas Media one month "pilot study."

What's that you say, Waiver?

Dunce.
Maybe if congress got off their dead ass and passed legislation those people would not be in that situation.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Maybe if congress got off their dead ass and passed legislation those people would not be in that situation.
You're criticizing the GOP? A rare event.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post

Depends on who the nominee is.

Free college and free healthcare may be the down fall and put Trump back in for another 4 years.

Lets start with the education. College is not like K-12 where many places have age limits or allow you to take adult education classes at night.

How will this work at the college/university level? I have heard nothing on how to implement it, just that it would be free.

You are a numbers man Fly. If more of my tax dollars are used for free education then I suspect that anyone can go for free. Even those that are retired and just want something to do......as it is our tax dollars that are allowing this.

How do you select those that want to go to a college? Once again, tax dollars so can you turn someone down? What if I want to go to UF or FSU but I can only get in at UCF? How are winners and losers going to be picked? In our K-12 programs a school board mandates boundaries for schools. Are we going to do this for colleges/universities?

What happens if we only have so many seats in our public colleges/universities in Florida...…..lets say 50,000 seats.....but we have 65,000 that want to go to a Florida public college/university. What do we do then? Tell them tuff? refund their taxes?

Then you have healthcare. Most on the left stated that would do away with private healthcare insurance. That may sound great to their base, but that will not fly with millions of others.

And what will we do if and when all those in the insurance industry are given a pink slip? Do you not think this will hurt the economy?

And speaking of the economy, everyone of the debate stage said they would nix the Trump tax rollback. Do you not think this would cause major layoffs, but that some of those jobs that Obama claimed were not coming back and did, would leave again?

Yeah many here want to claim that this recovery was the result of Obama's actions prior to leaving office. While I will give him some credit most of the recovery did not take place until after Trump put the country on a different course. If you do not want to think this is true look no further than how the markets reacted to certain actions from the White House.

And for those that want to claim the markets mean nothing to those that are not in the market, that is nothing then the left trying to use smoke and mirrors as they just can not talk bad about this economy. They will say that a small minority own stock. What they will not tell you is that even though you may not own stock you may very well be dependent on the markets though how your union invests your money, or how your employer invests in the market to assure you a pension upon retirement or just when the market is doing great how jobs are created and wages go up.

You see, once the nominee is known it will be almost impossible to walk back what was said to appease the left and try to move more center as in today's world everything is on tape.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
You're criticizing the GOP? A rare event.
Enough for all to go around.

Let us be honest here though. With the election gearing up the left will not give this administration one victory as they are so opposed to them.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Trump had the house and senate from January 2017 thru November 2018. Close your eyes and tell me what you see? They did NOTHING. Couldn't even get a DACA deal done with the help of the D's.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It’s not the whole administration or the whole party, but you have a president who isn’t terribly bright to begin with whose mental capacities are probably in decline being led around by people like Stephen Miller who were mentored by people who literally self-identify as Nazis. Stephen Miller. Steve Bannon. Seb Gorka. Yes, a lot of these bastards have come and go due to the amazing amount of churn in this White House’s staff, but cockroaches like Miller remain and they’re steering Orange Jesus straight toward the commission of human rights abuses, which he’s all too happy to co-sign.

And that, boys and girls, is why having people like Stephen Miller in your staff orbit should be disqualifying to hold government office.
I just love how you and others love to throw around the word "Nazis", yet it is you and your puppet masters that want to silence others from their ability to have free speech.

I love how you are quick to claim that if you support the right then you support the KKK and white supremacy, but you sit here and never denounce ANTIFA, or even admit they are part of the left, and their brutal tactics in trying to silence the right.

I just love how the left can bring a company like Nike to their knees by claiming a Betsy Ross flag is a symbol of racism. But I guess it was just fine for President Obama to display this same flag when he took the oath of office.

Next we will be hearing that the left will be demanding that we bulldoze our history in Boston or the Atlanta Underground. How about Riverwalk in Savannah? You know those old buildings along the Savannah River......the building where slaves were once unloaded from their horrible journey and placed up for auction to be sold. Are we going to bulldoze those buildings also?