BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18371  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
I literally provided you with a link to an article quote a Rep from the state saying they should send "Bachelors that are heavily armed" if they want to arrest them and bring them to the capitol to reach a quorum. If that's not a threat of violence against LEO I don't know what is.

The issue isn't that the Washington state reps didn't call in terrorists, it's that they ran into their arms across state lines in order to avoid being brought in(which is a legal maneuver in order to reach minimum voting regulations).
Yes it was not the smartest of tweets. Is it a crime??? That is the major question isn't. But like I posted in an other post...….it just may be that they knew that the democrats could not do a thing about them leaving and that law enforcement had no cause to case them across stateliness, and thus they were doing nothing more than taunting the democrats in a tweet......a very dumb tweet.

Remember that democrats fled the State of Wisconsin in order to stop a vote on the budget.

https://www.npr.org/2011/02/17/13384...o-prevent-vote

And if you care to search the net you will see that that some of the republicans that stay in the capital received death threats for the bill they were trying to pass.

Like I have said many times this is not an issue that is limited to one side of the aisle or the other.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #18372  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:25 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,151
Default

As if you needed reminding that the right wing is not so secretly a bunch of racist, misogynist dirtbags...

Serial sexual harrasser/pervert slime Bill O'Reilly waded into the recent ginned up debate about reparations with the following chestnut on Twitter:

Quote:
Slavery reparations is a far-left favorite because it does a number of things.

It reinforces the radical belief that the United States was founded by racist white men who installed a system whereby white guys would run everything and blacks, women and others would be exploited.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-ore...t-knowing-any/

Um...

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington literally kept African Americans in bondage as property. They signed a Constitution that legally codified the belief that those African Americans were only 3/5ths of a person. And, finally, women weren't allowed to vote until 1920... which is actually FIFTY years after African American men got the right to vote when the 15th Amendment was ratified in 1870.

So...



Remember this the next time you go to a bookstore and see one of this clown's pseudo-history books the next time you're in your local Barnes and Noble.
__________________
S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 02
Reply With Quote
  #18373  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:34 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,151
Default

Quote:
Yes it was not the smartest of tweets. Is it a crime???
Jesus f'ing Christ you dense old blister of a man. You continue to promote this laughable standard that the only time a Republican can be challenged or face any kind of social reprobation is AFTER they've been convicted in a court of law.

Nevermind common sense. Nevermind basic right and wrong.

It's wrong to threaten to kill state police. It ought to be disqualifying to hold public office in a civilized society if you do. Full stop. You don't need to wait for a judge to convict someone of a crime to know that kind of crap isn't acceptable.

Quote:
Remember that democrats fled the State of Wisconsin in order to stop a vote on the budget.
Nobody said a damned word about the senators fleeing the state being the issue. The issue is getting a bunch of gun nuts involved to intimidate political adversaries. If you can show me where the Democrats in Wisconsin solicited the help of a bunch of armed thugs who shut down the capitol you might have a leg to stand on. But, as it is, you've once again failed miserably to establish your usual BS whataboutism defense for the reprehensible scumbaggery of your political tribe.

"Puppet," indeed.
__________________
S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 02
Reply With Quote
  #18374  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:35 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I did, did YOU?



Was the state police lying, Waiver? Oh, I forgot, you throw fellow LEO's under the bus at will the second they dare to not toe the line for your partisan tribe.



https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ill-chaos.html

What you're missing here, Waiver, is that the "peaceful protest" that the state GOP Tweeted pictures of was a protest by loggers earlier in the week. In other words, THEY WERE LYING.

And, yes, a Republican state senator threatened violence against the state police if they came to lawfully bring the state senators back from Idaho to do their jobs.

Headline:




Furthermore...



https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...ree-percenters

You're honestly going to sit there and defend militia groups threatening a state capitol and a state senator threatening the lives of state law enforcement? And you're going to sit there and defend Republican politicians coordinating with armed militias for "protection." Really?

And just how did they "threaten" pete? By saying they were going to protest? Is that illegal? Did they show up with any weapons pete?

And lets get the facts straight with your several years old data on the Obama administration who keep lousy records when it came to the boarder.

In 2019 a pilot study conducted by the DOJ and in that 87% of those that were released within our borders did not show for their court date. 190,500 were tracked. This was reported to congress by ICE.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #18375  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:46 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
As if you needed reminding that the right wing is not so secretly a bunch of racist, misogynist dirtbags...

Serial sexual harrasser/pervert slime Bill O'Reilly waded into the recent ginned up debate about reparations with the following chestnut on Twitter:



https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-ore...t-knowing-any/

Um...

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington literally kept African Americans in bondage as property. They signed a Constitution that legally codified the belief that those African Americans were only 3/5ths of a person. And, finally, women weren't allowed to vote until 1920... which is actually FIFTY years after African American men got the right to vote when the 15th Amendment was ratified in 1870.

So...



Remember this the next time you go to a bookstore and see one of this clown's pseudo-history books the next time you're in your local Barnes and Noble.

So what are your feeling about Bill Clinton or Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax pete? Why do you not answer when asked about them?

And just how do you solve this problem and bring it to a solution that is satisfactory to all?

Do you request a DNA test to prove that one was from a family of slavery? Do you have the slave holders family pay this restitution? Do you exempt the families of those that fought in the Civil War and did so as they wanted to free the slaves?

What do you do pete? Please tell us how you think restitution should be made?

I do not think that anyone would not agree with you that our past history is anything to write home about. But you have to admit that it is our history and that we have learned from our mistakes and are trying to make this a better place for all.

The things that your are complaining about today were things that were the norm in those days, like they were the norm around the world when Columbus sat foot on our land. That does not make them right.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #18376  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:49 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,151
Default

Quote:
And just how did they "threaten" pete?
I'm going to repeat the pertinent line in the story...

Quote:
As the Oregonian pointed out, the joke seemed to be insinuating that Democrats were scared of peacefully protesting Oregonians, but the state police had deemed the threats against Democrats credible.
So, are you, Waiver, saying the state police's investigation of the threats and their conclusion that those threats were credible was wrong? And you base that conclusion on...???

Oh, that's right, because you'll co-sign any sort of misconduct, as long as it benefits your partisan tribe.

Quote:
In 2019 a pilot study conducted by the DOJ and in that 87% of those that were released within our borders did not show for their court date. 190,500 were tracked. This was reported to congress by ICE.
Two things: 1.) We're in June of 2019, which means such a "pilot study" was laughably short. Which leads us to, 2.) Would anyone in their right mind find such a study by the Trump administration to be anything more than a slapdash attempt at disinformation to justify the ongoing cruelty and incompetence of their policies?

You keep defending kidnapping little kids and chucking them in wire cages without beds or soap though, chucklenuts.
__________________
S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 02
Reply With Quote
  #18377  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,151
Default

Quote:
And just how do you solve this problem and bring it to a solution that is satisfactory to all?
My post had nothing to do with arguing the merits of reparations. My post had EVERYTHING to do with the delusion of a bunch of privileged old white morons who deny this country's racist and misogynist past.

So, you want to know what the first step is to solving a problem? ADMITTING YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, which is what clowns like O'Reilly and Laura Ingraham can't do. Because they're racist dumbasses who shouldn't be given microphones and platforms to say racist dumbass things and promote racist dumbass pseudo-history so that the racist dumbass politicians that they support don't get into office and continue to promote racist dumbass policies.

It's really quite simple.
__________________
S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 02
Reply With Quote
  #18378  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

First pete if law enforcement was really, truly actively trying to find them I am sure that they are taking all the precautions that they feel are necessary. Not to do so would be foolish on there part.

Thank you for making my point as you have show your true colors. It really doesn't matter to you how good or how bad a study or any thing else that this administration does because you would be 100% against it as you only want this administration to fail no matter who is hurt. You could careless how many are working today and how the unemployment rate for minorities is at one of it's lowest levels ever. Instead you will always claim it was because of the policies of Obama.

But the information you post was old, several years old. Yes the study was short but it also tracked 190,500 people and of those 87% did not show up for a court date. If you want to toss that aside so be it. But many others see it and wonder what the hell is going on.

I bet you sit at work daily and wish for the market to go into a freefall not caring who may be hurt.....just as long as it makes this administration look bad.

You are a small, little petty person who only cares about you and your party.

Just like in your last post when you were complaining about Washington and Jefferson. Which party stopped black students on the steps of a school pete? Which party were the majority owners on slaves pete? Which party formed the KKK pete?
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”

Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-25-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18379  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:20 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
My post had nothing to do with arguing the merits of reparations. My post had EVERYTHING to do with the delusion of a bunch of privileged old white morons who deny this country's racist and misogynist past.

So, you want to know what the first step is to solving a problem? ADMITTING YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, which is what clowns like O'Reilly and Laura Ingraham can't do. Because they're racist dumbasses who shouldn't be given microphones and platforms to say racist dumbass things and promote racist dumbass pseudo-history so that the racist dumbass politicians that they support don't get into office and continue to promote racist dumbass policies.

It's really quite simple.
WOW, we agree on something. We do have a problem. We had a problem when I was growing up. In the 50's we lived in Auburn, Indiana. After we moved there my parents found out that blacks were not allowed in town after sunset. We moved. Many towns were like that then. But we learned that laws like that were wrong, so we changed them.

In the 60's we learned that schools were discriminating in their admissions. We created "affirmative action". We yelled at George Wallace that we wanted no part of him in our national politics. Oh, and Wallace was a democrat.

We had busing that was a joke. Parents of those being bused wanted their children to be in a neighborhood school and not one miles away. They wanted their schools to have the same standards of teachers and equipment and supplies as the schools in the suburbs. I know I sure do not blame them for wanting those things. I blame those in government that failed these families.

This is one reason I also wanted to work the USF area. They were the one's that needed the help most and lived in the highest crime area. Do you know what it is like to go into a one bedroom apartment and see 20 -30 grown men sharing the same apartment? Did we ask for paperwork and ask about their residency status? Nope. We just told them to stay out of jail.

Point is pete that life is not always fair. But we should always learn from our mistakes and try to make things better for all and not just one group or class. We should want the best for all no matter how it is achieved...…..even if it is a Trump White House.

And I will end by asking again...….what do you say to Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax?
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #18380  
Old 06-25-2019, 03:42 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
And just how did they "threaten" pete? By saying they were going to protest? Is that illegal? Did they show up with any weapons pete?

And lets get the facts straight with your several years old data on the Obama administration who keep lousy records when it came to the boarder.

In 2019 a pilot study conducted by the DOJ and in that 87% of those that were released within our borders did not show for their court date. 190,500 were tracked. This was reported to congress by ICE.
I quoted against tdi a while back showing this was made up. The data over something like 10 or 15 years shows around 90 percent of asylum seekers do show up. You want me to believe this magically changed? And you are citing the people who arguing kids dont need toothpaste or soap to be sanitary?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.