BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #17971  
Old 05-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 13,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
You're giving them way too much credit letting them off the hook morally by saying they've been "fooled." They haven't been fooled. They know they're backing slime. They don't care. As long as their tribe wins and "tha libruls" are angry, the country can burn down and they'll still be perfectly happy. That's what makes Trumpism far more reprehensible and loathesome than simply being a bunch of mouth breathers who are being suckered by a con man. No, they know he's a con man and they don't care because they think they're in on the con.
And you give them too much credit in thinking they're in on the con. Their media bubble tells them what to think and they go along with it, and until it affects them personally they'll excuse anything he does.

Adrian Bott @Cavalorn
'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
And it is not an assault if they fail to report it. Then it would be an alleged assault. Once convicted you would be right.
Jesus At least this is a bit better than the Missouri state rep (I think?) saying that most rapes he investigated as a cop were "consensual".
Reply With Quote
  #17972  
Old 05-20-2019, 02:23 PM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 4,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Not an issue y'all care about, perhaps. I have plenty to say, but I'll spare you.
I'm all 'ears'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
His message has not changed, yet he is trailing Biden by a large amount
...with 50+ year olds. The polling the news outlets are feeding you are normally biased against Bernie. They don't want Bernie to win; they'd rather have Status Quo Joe in charge.
Reply With Quote
  #17973  
Old 05-20-2019, 02:34 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post

Jesus At least this is a bit better than the Missouri state rep (I think?) saying that most rapes he investigated as a cop were "consensual".
You know Sotnos, and this may be hard for you to believe, but I have crossed paths in my prior profession when some women had no problem with what he did and would welcome the act. And if that was the case there is no assault.

Yes very sick and sad but this also goes for men also but some would "fool around" at the drop of the hat.

And for what it is worth these actions, and the way he treated and said things about others made it very easy to cast a non vote.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #17974  
Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post

...with 50+ year olds. The polling the news outlets are feeding you are normally biased against Bernie. They don't want Bernie to win; they'd rather have Status Quo Joe in charge.

Before Biden was even thinking of getting into the race Sanders had a very nice lead. But when talk of Biden entering the race he lost out and was sent to 2nd place.

This says a ton to me as if those in 2016 really wanted him at President one would think that they would follow him today. This only makes me believe that his support was so strong as HRC was so awful. When you pout him up against someone like Biden he gets nowhere near the support he once got.

But this is very early in the campaign and as others drop out we will see who gains in the polls.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #17975  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:14 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,169
Default

Quote:
You see you only post things that is 100% backed by the left......and I mean always.
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321

Quote:
Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
Quote:
It is bait pete
It's not bait, you moron, it's a real law with a real impact on womens' rights. It's not a game, and it's incredibly stupid and callous on your part to suggest any woman should lay down their reproductive rights because of political gamesmanship. Really, truly disgusting and shows a lot about what kind of person you are and where your priorities are at.

It's also yet another clear illustration as to why women don't rush to report sexual assaults to law enforcement. Just look at the example of the empathetic figure they'd have been running to if Waiver had been working their case.
__________________
S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 04
Reply With Quote
  #17976  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:22 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,169
Default

Quote:
And you give them too much credit in thinking they're in on the con.
Ahhh, but there's a difference between thinking you're in on the con and actually being in on the con. I believe the rubes are in the former class, but not the latter, because the real con is that Trump's policies are making America less safe, robbing from the middle class to give to the rich, and all along the way perpetuating a level of corruption that hasn't been seen since the late 19th Century in American politics, if ever.

Quote:
Jesus At least this is a bit better than the Missouri state rep (I think?) saying that most rapes he investigated as a cop were "consensual".
For those unaware of the context, there is a state legislator in Missouri who, while debating a similar bill, made the following remarks:

Quote:
“Let’s just say someone goes out and they’re raped or they’re sexually assaulted one night after a college party — because most of my rapes were not the gentleman jumping out of the bushes that nobody had ever met,” Hovis said. “That was one or two times out of a hundred. Most of them were date rapes or consensual rapes, which were all terrible.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c0d1dcc1085c

Of note: the boob who made that remark was a 30 year veteran LEO.

Again, if you're a woman, these are the kind of men you're supposed to entrust in when you try to report a sexual assault?
__________________
S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 04
Reply With Quote
  #17977  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:30 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,169
Default

Quote:
..with 50+ year olds. The polling the news outlets are feeding you are normally biased against Bernie. They don't want Bernie to win; they'd rather have Status Quo Joe in charge.
There's not a grand conspiracy by the media against Bernie Sanders, and in "blind squirrel finds nut" news, Waiver is correct: a significant portion of Bernie's support in 2016 in the Democratic primaries was a protest vote against Hillary. Mine, for instance, was a strategic vote to try to send a message to Hillary to move more to the left than her husband's policies had been. Now that Hillary is no longer in play as a foil, Bernie's got a more difficult time galvanizing sidewalk support. That's part and parcel why they've been trying to re-classify Joe Biden as Satan reincarnate. The problem they have, though, is that Joe Biden's 10,000 x more likeable than Hillary Clinton and he served as VP to a POTUS whose administration was seen favorably by 90% of Democrats.

Blind squirrel is wrong, however, that Biden would've won the nomination in 2016. In a three way race, Biden and Hillary likely would've split the center-left and Sanders would've won the nomination. That's why Biden didn't get in. Biden's only shot would have been if he had beaten Hillary to the punch and announced his candidacy first, which he wasn't prepared to do with the death of his son.
__________________
S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 04
Reply With Quote
  #17978  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:42 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321





It's not bait, you moron, it's a real law with a real impact on womens' rights. It's not a game, and it's incredibly stupid and callous on your part to suggest any woman should lay down their reproductive rights because of political gamesmanship. Really, truly disgusting and shows a lot about what kind of person you are and where your priorities are at.
HAHAHAHA you crack me up pete. I can not believe you were an honor student at GT.

But I will spell it out for you. When a law is passed that is so restrictive and out of the norm many times all they are doing is trying to get on the path to the SCOTUS in attempts to overturn something that has been precedent for a long time. Hell, even Kavanaugh stated Roe v Wade has been affirmed not once but twice and is the law of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's also yet another clear illustration as to why women don't rush to report sexual assaults to law enforcement. Just look at the example of the empathetic figure they'd have been running to if Waiver had been working their case.
Another one of your ridicules postings pete.

So are you trying to say that everyone that is touch inappropriately it is a crime? Are you saying there are not those out there that is not bothered in the least bit by being touched?

You see pete, if this person did not care if Trump touched her the way he talks about it is not an assault as you want everyone to believe. And what makes this even more of a possible non assault is the person never reported it.

And for the record pete, my wife worked sex crimes for years at HCSO and is very proud of the cases she made. But when she sees what you are posting she just rolls her eyes in disbelief and says "good thing you were not a cop".

Your hatred for the right is so blatant it is amusing. You say you hate Trump but lets be 100% honest pete. This is not about Trump as you would be saying and posting the same stuff no matter what republican was in the White House.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #17979  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:57 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Ahhh, but there's a difference between thinking you're in on the con and actually being in on the con. I believe the rubes are in the former class, but not the latter, because the real con is that Trump's policies are making America less safe, robbing from the middle class to give to the rich, and all along the way perpetuating a level of corruption that hasn't been seen since the late 19th Century in American politics, if ever.



For those unaware of the context, there is a state legislator in Missouri who, while debating a similar bill, made the following remarks:



https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c0d1dcc1085c

Of note: the boob who made that remark was a 30 year veteran LEO.

Again, if you're a woman, these are the kind of men you're supposed to entrust in when you try to report a sexual assault?
Outright stupid thing to say as there is no such monster as a "consensual rape" but then pete once again you strike with only part of the statement. Below is his full statement which was taken straight from the link you post.

Quote:
“Let’s just say someone goes out and they’re raped or they’re sexually assaulted one night after a college party — because most of my rapes were not the gentleman jumping out of the bushes that nobody had ever met,” Hovis said. “That was one or two times out of a hundred. Most of them were date rapes or consensual rapes, which were all terrible.”

How convenient for you to leave out "which were all terrible" but that is how you justify what you believe.

I truly believe that in some way, shape or form you will now claim this post was made to support Trump.
__________________
Said Schiff: “I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight.”
Reply With Quote
  #17980  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,169
Default

So let’s recap Waiver’s latest nuggets:

1.) The people of Alabama should just roll over and accept a Draconian law because if they assert their rights to challenge it that might cause it to go to the SCOTUS. Functionally, Waiver is saying the people of Alabama should accept a law that forces a woman to carry their rapist’s baby to term because of legal/political “strategery.” I find that a revolting debasing of women’s rights.

2.) Waiver says grabbing a woman without her consent is only an assault if the woman files charges. Of course a violent man or a man with wealth and power could easily intimidate a woman into never filing charges. Happens all the time. Especially with supposed law enforcement officers who refuse to believe women even after their attacker confessed to grabbing women without consent on tape. Way to promote a culture of assault Waiver.

3.) My favorite is Waiver claiming I left out a part of a quote by a Missouri legislator that absolutely was in the quote in my post.

http://www.boltprospects.com/forum/s...ostcount=17976

I suppose asking him to actually read what he’s ranting against is far too much to ask. Remember this the next time he foams at the mouth about the Mueller Report, which he also hasn’t read.

Back to my original point, though, Waiver is defending a man who essentially said that rape where the attacker knows the victim is somehow less of a rape. Like it’s only 3/4 of a rape when the man knows his victim.

Again, way to promote a culture of assault, Waiver.
__________________
S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 04
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.