BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
The announcers didn't talk for, seriously, about 45 seconds after Meszaros scored. I think they were mad.
Probably they each had a chill running up their leg, just stunned to silence in utter disbelief that the Flames somehow again, through some inconceivable quirk of the universe, even with Kiprusoff playing fantastic in net, and even with the holiness-bequeathing presence of ::voices of angels chanting:: Jarome Iginla on the ice, had astonishingly lost yet ANOTHER winnable game by a score of 2-1 to the upstart Lightning, with Iginla once again irrelevant, barely visible and providing no scoring, but instead plenty of whining to the referees

heheheh
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
Somehow Foster's out-of-the-box hit was dirty because the player didn't see him coming.
Foster showed a lot of restraint. He stood there and waited for the CGY player to run into him. Well-played in my opinion. There was no chance of that getting called against Foster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
I actually didn't think this game was that boring, but maybe I'm just weird.
Meh. Most of the 1st two periods were kinda snoozy. There were a lot of shots of people in the seats yawning. The biggest contributing factor I think was the ridiculous amount of penalties called.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Meh. Most of the 1st two periods were kinda snoozy. There were a lot of shots of people in the seats yawning. The biggest contributing factor I think was the ridiculous amount of penalties called.
Yeah. There were spells where I was flipping to other websites on my other monitor.

But, I dunno, I thought it was a tightly contested, defensive game. Not so much exciting on the offensive side, but it was at least slightly entertaining for me to watch two teams having a go of it like that in the neutral zone. At points it reminded me of *gasp* playoff hockey.

That said, I don't want to see a game like that night in and night out. But every once in a while (to a team that ISN'T the SPs) it's okay by me.

And as others have said, my god it was glorious watching Iginla do nothing except whine.