BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
DC reporting that Hedman could be in the press box for the Toronto game

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...vs-maple-leafs
I support.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_haas View Post
I support.
I don't..
Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
I don't..
It did wonders for Stamkos last season.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Put it this way, I don't mind it for Hedman's sake as watching might do him some good...but do we have better to put in there in his place? Not really.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Put it this way, I don't mind it for Hedman's sake as watching might do him some good...but do we have better to put in there in his place? Not really.
+1, This, Word, head-nod... whatever else says I agree with this.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
I don't..
I support this move as it is nothing more than another form of teaching experience for someone who is going to be one of the corner stones of the franchise. Look at it as investing in our future.

but what a great time for this to come out. The team is playing as two different teams, the attendance is down, one of the cheapest seats in the
NHL and we are just around the corner for invoices to be sent out for 2010-2011.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 01-21-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
I didn't take it that way.

I feel like an outsider here. I haven't posted regularly in a long time. Sky is clearing (not literally, as Avery will attest, the clouds have been sitting on KC for a week now).
I don't remember what the sky looks like. Is it still blue?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
yeah, the thing is, probably nobody on d does more positive things than hedman

unfortunately, he has made a few more gaffs lately..

ultimately, im not against it...a night to clear his head, rest mentally..then go after it against atlanta saturday..

but if it were me making decisions, i'd just tell him to settle down, relax and play your game -- get out there, we need u.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Agreed, although we ended up, luckily enough, winning the next game with Hedman upstairs. I've given up trying to predict things with this team.

Speaking of going without good Dmen and having no one to take their spot...I don't see how the Lightning can be expected to advance much as a club if they seemingly always have to just...do without one of their top Dmen for the season. One year it's Danny Boyle with the rogue skate that one day suddenly decides to leap through the air and try to murder him while he's getting dressed. This year it's Ranger, mysteriously swept away into the miasma. Speaking of which, a tip o' the helmet and a shout out to Paul Ranger. Could you, like, maybe consider taking a break, putting whatever it must be on the back burner for a bit now that you've hopefully taken the edge off it here, and help out our D a little bit, just until April? Please? You made your human errors but were (some may argue this) in our top pairing.

No one could deny if a man's head is in such a place he cannot help out a team that he must know assuming he's watching the games desperately needs him, then he definitely does need long-term help; I'm sure we all agree Paul's health is paramount above hockey. It's enough to make us appreciate even MORE the rest of the guys, all of whom are putting their personal lives aside, locking down all their stresses and demons inside (or transmuting them into intensity on the ice) each and every night, sacrificing their own families and peace of mind for their teammates who are all doing the same.

These warriors are why we watch (in person if possible at significant expense)...thanks to every member of this club including Paul--hurry back man, you are missed