BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Cooper's Law

Default better

I do think this team will be better next year. Look at the D how many of thse guys will be back baring injury? Right now just Lashoff and Smaby, the rest are 6/7 guys who should get minimal time on ice next year. Maybe Petiot as a 5 but I think not...or at least hope not. Melichar could not stop latendresse who just went by him and another Dman, that should never have happened. As for the forwards, well, we need to add a winger for Vinny or Stammer depending on the draft. Pettinger is good but a 3rd line guy, as are Hall, Craig, Chewy R2 but Halpern might be the guy to put on the wing with Vinny baring a trade or a signing. As for Prospal well maybe he is trade bait along with Kraj for a speedy scoring winger. But the core is there and it appears that Tocc's system is working, so I am seeing a bit of sunshine for this team.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
WaiverWire

one of the major problems with this team is the battles they lose along the boards. Now you just about named the same guys as we have now so how are we going to win these crucial battles and get better at the same time?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
one of the major problems with this team is the battles they lose along the boards. Now you just about named the same guys as we have now so how are we going to win these crucial battles and get better at the same time?
I think you would agree players are less likely to be putting 100% effort in all the time right now, next season if we are fighting for a playoff spot you can guarentee they will be. And battles along the board are almost entirely down to effort.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Cooper's Law

Default yep

Yep WW they are losing the battles along the boards, part I think is that we are out of the playoffs like Bass said, and yes we do have to get stronger along the boards. But look at the D we are working with. Only Smaby and Lashoff are top 4 guys none of the other guys are better than a 6/7. Our wingers cannot get ahead of the play because they have to come back to play D all the time and do not seem to be able to create confusion in the other teams end because we take so long getting out of our end. Plus our 4th line continues to play well, while we need a good winger for Vinny or move malone back up to Vinny;s line and then find another winger for Stammer and marty who has speed to keep up with them. I am not impressed enough with karsums to think he will be anything more than a 3rd line guy, but the core is there. Get back Mez and Ranger and our D just got better. I hope/think I am being realistic about the situation when I said that I see a ray of hope.