BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-22-2019, 06:56 PM
BP Staff

Um. Yuck.

Headline:
Quote:
Alan Dershowitz Hails ‘Perfect, Perfect Sex Life’ to Distance Himself From Ex-Client Jeffrey Epstein
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...144858704.html

Honest question: what sane attorney goes on TV and mounts a defense like THAT?
Old 07-22-2019, 07:00 PM
BP Staff

Um.

Quote:
WATCH: President Trump says that he could win the 18-year Afghan War in 10 days, because he has plans that could wipe Afghanistan off the face of the Earth and kill 10,000,000 people, but "I don't want to go that route."
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1153355316681170946

Batshit. Insane.

What kind of person acts like killing 10 million people is actually a plausible option? I mean, that's genocide-scope.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Um.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1153355316681170946

Batshit. Insane.

What kind of person acts like killing 10 million people is actually a plausible option? I mean, that's genocide-scope.
At the very least you would think it undermines his pro-life credentials. Lol, I'm just fucking with ya, the pro-life crowd only gives a shit if they are white and unborn.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Lol, I'm just fucking with ya, the pro-life crowd only gives a shit if they are white and unborn.
Truer words......
Old 07-23-2019, 10:14 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Citations

First I used the CBO report, it forgot the part about those with less skills might have problems getting jobs, however, that might force more people into trade schools, if they are not college bound, and then still lead to higher income. The other article that I used is from policy,attersohio.org which postulated the income just on Ohio and they talked about how it would return some equity to salaries. They are both interesting articles. Since I have taught Econ in the past and still use a lot of economics when I do the causes and impacts of the Great Depression , I am always looking for articles that I can use in class, plus forecast effects. I honestly believe that when productivity and wages must raise together to keep equity and maintain the growth of the economy. One of the major causes of the Great Depression was the creation of the surplus of goods that came about because wages did not keep pace with productivity and thus workers could not purchase the surplus, then companies started to lay off workers because their profits were dropping due to the large surplus.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:28 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Anyone expect Mueller to say anything today about whether, based on the evidence, Trump would have been indicted or not for obstruction of justice if he was anyone else except the President of the United States? Now that he's a private citizen, and since Barr said he was able to voice his opinion but didn't, he should speak about it, but I doubt he will do it now. He already laid out the groundwork for Congress, they just refuse to do anything to upset Dear Leader.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Anyone expect Mueller to say anything today about whether, based on the evidence, Trump would have been indicted or not for obstruction of justice if he was anyone else except the President of the United States? Now that he's a private citizen, and since Barr said he was able to voice his opinion but didn't, he should speak about it, but I doubt he will do it now. He already laid out the groundwork for Congress, they just refuse to do anything to upset Dear Leader.
No. I fully expect him to put his report on the record in words so people who haven't read it can know what's in it. This will be boring and uneventful if you expect him to accuse or exonerate trump.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:18 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Mueller

Mueller stated in the hearings that the report did not exonerate trump. I wonder if trumps speech last night scared some people, especially when he told these young people that Article 2 of the Constitution lets him do what ever he wants.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

His 35% rock solids just love that shit. They celebrate his ignorance and buffonery--and wish he could just sweep away the other two branches of government. Authoritarianism on full display for all the world to see.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
No. I fully expect him to put his report on the record in words so people who haven't read it can know what's in it. This will be boring and uneventful if you expect him to accuse or exonerate trump.
Sad to say but from Mueller's performance I do not think he read the report either, which begs the question who wrote it?

One of the few big takes I had after reading that report was why was Joseph Mifsud not charged? He lied to the FBI 3 times. Makes one think he was under a government agency "umbrella" when he approached George Papadopoulos.