BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Blues on the verge. We'll see if I can convince myself to watch part of Game 6.

Probably not.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:18 PM

You just know they're gonna blow it.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Didn't see the game, only saw the Acciari trip on Twitter. Gotta say I'm loving the tears from Boston over that non call.
It was a pretty awful non-call with the ref looking directly at it. What was funny was that Bozak already had his arms out with the "I didn't do anything" look before he turned around and realized the ref didn't call anything.

Boston played like crap for 50 minutes, so they really can't claim they deserved to win it.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:37 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I think it's more of how bad of a taste the Lightning left in our collective throats that is fueling the non-interest, at least for me it is. Not any animosity against either team, just a bitter taste left after such a regular season and the expectations we all had.
I feel exactly this way, except that also I hate the Bruins and Bruins fans and all St. Louis fans in general. It was maybe 5% worth it to see the Lightning choke like dogs if it meant we would see the Bruins get jacked by the refs and their fans start gooning it up with each other in the cheap seats tonight.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
It was a pretty awful non-call with the ref looking directly at it. What was funny was that Bozak already had his arms out with the "I didn't do anything" look before he turned around and realized the ref didn't call anything.

Boston played like crap for 50 minutes, so they really can't claim they deserved to win it.
Absolutely, it was ridiculous. It's like they keep looking for ways to be worse. I have no idea what the ref was thinking on that one.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
I feel exactly this way, except that also I hate the Bruins and Bruins fans and all St. Louis fans in general. It was maybe 5% worth it to see the Lightning choke like dogs if it meant we would see the Bruins get jacked by the refs and their fans start gooning it up with each other in the cheap seats tonight.
For those who missed it, check out these fine specimens

https://twitter.com/hochman/status/1...099587072?s=19
Old 06-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Notice how quickly security got there.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Absolutely, it was ridiculous. It's like they keep looking for ways to be worse. I have no idea what the ref was thinking on that one.
This Stanley Cup playoffs will forever be known for the horrid officiating.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
This Stanley Cup playoffs will forever be known for the horrid officiating.
And I still say the league is completely at fault for it. It looks like the refs are completely lost with what the league wants them to do.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:26 AM

I donít disagree. But we see this every year. The league emphasizes skill and speed throughout the regular season. Then we go to the playoffs with an entirely different set of rules. Vegas, Calgary, Columbus and, I would argue the Lightning were all eliminated, in large part, because of the shifting of the rules. (Only 6 pps the entire series were awarded to the best pp team in the league).

Either the officials have decided amongst themselves that this is the standard or the league has told them to back off. Either way, the league has the ability to say this isnít the standard we want to see and both change it and weed out the worst of the bunch.

Whatís scary is that these are the finals. These are the best officials the league has. Supposedly, the others are even worse.