BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Cooper's Law

As disappointing and unbelievably lame a finish as the last 2 1/2 games were,...we can at least be content that none of us is as miserable right now as Laurel Gourde.

He'll be seeing that yawning open net three inches away from his face in his nightmares all summer long.

Looking on the bright side: Vegas is destined to win the Cup anyway, so now we can actually enjoy seeing that.
--------------------
Is it October yet?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
So he just sucked out loud?!?!?
Apparently so.

Pavel Bure, anyone?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Callahan should have gained more respect from the fans with the way he played and playing through this injury. If Kunitz was more engaged that line would have been even better and would have produced more.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:00 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick of Time View Post
Callahan should have gained more respect from the fans with the way he played and playing through this injury. If Kunitz was more engaged that line would have been even better and would have produced more.
Callahan was an absolute beast. I know of no one who thinks otherwise.
That fourth line was the best forward line in the Caps series.
You are really shorting Kunitz though. I thought he was fine throughout the playoffs.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Callahan was an absolute beast. I know of no one who thinks otherwise.
That fourth line was the best forward line in the Caps series.
You are really shorting Kunitz though. I thought he was fine throughout the playoffs.

Yeah you are right about Kunitz, I just would have liked Kunitz to shoot more. Think they would have capitalized more, Cally kept setting him up. But think he was just gassed. Don’t think Kunitz was bad but think he could of been more of a factor on the offensive end of things.

As per “no one thinks otherwise” Well according to a HF board member, to quote “Callahan sucks”. I don’t know why I keep going back there to post. I asked to have all my recent posts deleted, and need to go back to read only mode, lol I mean how the heck can someone bash him after his performance and playing with a serious injury like that. His ES points were around the same as a lot of the middle six forwards and even Stamkos. I just don’t get it.

Sorry to vent but you guys have always been cool and always have an answer to both sides of the coin and a full analysis and not just a “He sucks” reply, lol.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Yeah you are right about Kunitz, I just would have liked Kunitz to shoot more. Think they would have capitalized more, Cally kept setting him up. But think he was just gassed. Don’t think Kunitz was bad but think he could of been more of a factor on the offensive end of things.

As per “no one thinks otherwise” Well according to a HF board member, to quote “Callahan sucks”. I don’t know why I keep going back there to post. I asked to have all my recent posts deleted, and need to go back to read only mode, lol I mean how the heck can someone bash him after his performance and playing with a serious injury like that. His ES points were around the same as a lot of the middle six forwards and even Stamkos. I just don’t get it.

Sorry to vent but you guys have always been cool and always have an answer to both sides of the coin and a full analysis and not just a “He sucks” reply, lol.
The Paquette line was perfectly fine. They did pretty much everything you need a line like them to do in order to go to the finals. The failure this post-season isn't on them. It rests with 86, 9, 17 and 91 IMO. Some were just invisible when most needed. Others were visibly bad and detrimental to the team with their play. #86 was awful. Was ok in the NJ series, but that seemed almost accidental as he wasn't really engaged, NJ just wasn't good enough to keep him from producing as an afterthought.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 05-25-2018, 10:03 AM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
The Paquette line was perfectly fine. They did pretty much everything you need a line like them to do in order to go to the finals. The failure this post-season isn't on them. It rests with 86, 9, 17 and 91 IMO. Some were just invisible when most needed. Others were visibly bad and detrimental to the team with their play. #86 was awful. Was ok in the NJ series, but that seemed almost accidental as he wasn't really engaged, NJ just wasn't good enough to keep him from producing as an afterthought.
Well yeah thats the thing, the big guns totally disappeared in the last 3 games, but then the only secondary scoring came from the bottom 6. Callahan might be overpaid but he elevated his role to be a difference maker and I still feel he is capable of being on a 3rd line next season. Still has it. I mean if you think about it, the 4th line was really the 3rd line if you take ice time and matchups into consideration. Proud of that line and what Cally did, and if fans are going to blame someone that line is the last line that should be blamed or the players on it. They needed Kucherov, Stamkos, Johnson, Gourde, Miller, or Killorn to step up, and they didn’t.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
As per “no one thinks otherwise” Well according to a HF board member, to quote “Callahan sucks”.
If the HF boards are anything like they used to be, their collective brainpower wouldn't have the wattage to light a single LED bulb.

Last edited by dannybolt; 05-25-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
If the HF boards are anything like they used to be, their collective brainpower wouldn't have the wattage to light a single LED bulb.
There are a couple posters over there who are worth reading. Hoek is one. DFC is another.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 05-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
There are still a lot of good peeps there which is why I go back but then you have the two biggest trolls Sky04 and MachoMan who don’t just troll they bully people off the forum it makes me second guess. If it was my forum they would have been banned years ago. It’s just not worth my time anymore to argue and can’t even type as fast since only using one hand now due to my accident. So really have bigger issues to be worried about. But will try and post here more in the summer when I can.