Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
It's Sinclair..."family values"
They are very fine people.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:32 PM

Formality

The NHL has extended its guideline for players and staff to self-quarantine until April 15 and it is possible the coronavirus pandemic could push that back even further.

Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly confirmed the extension to the Associated Press in an email Tuesday. It adds an extra 11 days to the previous guidance of April 4, which Daly last week acknowledged was “a meaningless date” because of the rapidly changing situation.

“As we get closer to the date, we're going to have to make decisions as to what to do then,” Daly said. "We're biting this off in chunks.”

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."
Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 PM

Three more Ottawa players have tested positive for the Coronavirus. The total number of NHL players testing positive is now 7; 5 with the Senators and 2 with the Avalanche.

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."
Old 04-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Just a thought/question , until we get a vaccine, or cure, to covid 19 virus I wonder if the NHL, and other leagues, sports and events, will sell seats that are spaced out with empty seats and rows between them?

Say the attendance to a Lightning game might be 5000. ( I haven’t done the math, just a guess)

Depending on the station, Baseball / football might have an attendance of 12000 to 20000.

For the time being, would concessions be closed and you bring your own snacks. Lines entering are cordoned off with ropes ensuring distancing.

Problems, well exiting, maybe first level exits first and so on.....or bigger problem would be a rush to the door in an emergency like a fire,

Finally the safety of the competing athletes would have to be ensured.

Last edited by gphockey; 04-05-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:30 AM

How do you determine who gets to go with the tickets already sold? Well I guess a lot of people (including me) probably still don't want to go. There would still be some level of crowding in the concourses or restrooms. I'm not sure this will help much.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Cooper's Law

Would everyone wear masks? I still wouldn’t want to be in an enclosed space with (mostly) dumb sports fans cheering (ie. spewing germs). Hard pass. #SaferAtHome Go Bolts.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

For tickets sold either bump folks down to say a five or ten game pack so those that want to attend can, and refund fans (keeping their tenure for next season)if they are not comfortable going.
Way less people would be in concourse with say 6000 at Amalie and que up 6 feet for bathrooms lines using urinal seperation.
Lots to figure out but do you people really think we are attending live hockey with current circumstances without drastic changes to ensure health and safety without us being vaccinated?
So, if a vaccine is a year away, then....how do we play games, fans? no fans? Some fans?
Say the government gives the “all clear”, will it really be all clear with some people projecting a possible fall re occurrence?

We were in line at the grocery store last week in Maine and had the lady paying in front of us snarl for us to get back, we were easily 6 feet away. I think there is a ton of thinking to do before we all trot around as we did in 2019.

Last edited by gphockey; 04-05-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Just a thought/question , until we get a vaccine, or cure, to covid 19 virus I wonder if the NHL, and other leagues, sports and events, will sell seats that are spaced out with empty seats and rows between them?

Say the attendance to a Lightning game might be 5000. ( I haven’t done the math, just a guess)

Depending on the station, Baseball / football might have an attendance of 12000 to 20000.

For the time being, would concessions be closed and you bring your own snacks. Lines entering are cordoned off with ropes ensuring distancing.

Problems, well exiting, maybe first level exits first and so on.....or bigger problem would be a rush to the door in an emergency like a fire,

Finally the safety of the competing athletes would have to be ensured.
I don’t think so. In sports you have sweat flying, blood, touching, shared water bottles on the bench, trainers touching towels. It’s a virus spreading mess. That and a potential lawsuit from a player or fan who says that they caught it at Amalie.

Until there is a vaccine, I don’t think you have sports. That’s more than I year away.

Last edited by Donnie D; 04-05-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
For tickets sold either bump folks down to say a five or ten game pack so those that want to attend can, and refund fans (keeping their tenure for next season)if they are not comfortable going.
Way less people would be in concourse with say 6000 at Amalie and que up 6 feet for bathrooms lines using urinal seperation.
Lots to figure out but do you people really think we are attending live hockey with current circumstances without drastic changes to ensure health and safety without us being vaccinated?
So, if a vaccine is a year away, then....how do we play games, fans? no fans? Some fans?
Say the government gives the “all clear”, will it really be all clear with some people projecting a possible fall re occurrence?

We were in line at the grocery store last week in Maine and had the lady paying in front of us snarl for us to get back, we were easily 6 feet away. I think there is a ton of thinking to do before we all trot around as we did in 2019.
It's an interesting thought, but honestly we still arent taking this serious enough at a country level for me to think this is a realistic possibility even by fall.