BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 03-10-2020, 07:20 AM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
We just had a grandson born in Aspen Co this weekend, we have always see them soon after birth. We have Southwest flight booked 2 weeks from now, and they are a very flexible airline for refunds or rescheduling.

So, instead, we thought maybe we road trip it with our teardrop camper from Maine to Colorado, stay in rest areas when tired etc, but still, you are touching handles pumping gas, going to rest rooms, maybe dining out while traveling on a road trip.

Granted HEPA filters in aircraft help, and Southwest says they are cleaning the planes 6 hours a night with hospital type disinfectant per their latest statement, but there is still ambient cabin air you are breathing while packed in like cattle, TSA exchanging documents and standing in lines, hanging out with hundreds of people at the gates, airport busses, trams/trains, shuttle vans, escalator handrails, bathrooms etc..
sh
Maybe we put off the trip for a bit to see how it goes?
I think that's probably a smart move, especially since you guys are probably closer to the age cohorts that have the most trouble with it.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:31 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
So, I understand this might be a bit late to be asking this as I'm in the middle of making international plans for 2 weeks out, what is a good resource for researching the coronavirus?

The domestic based people I know seem to be doom and gloom but the internationals(Canadians) I know don't seem to be too worried about it and are still traveling.
Italy is plenty worried about it. I'd keep up on WHO and the CDC. Also, places like John Hopkins are doing a lot of work into it. Honestly, I'd be worried about making those plans. Maybe not even for fear of the virus as much as fear of borders being shutdown and not being able to make it back home.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:36 AM

So is France.

While you may not catch it while abroad you have other issues. Depending upon what you are doing, museums, ski lodges and attractions may be closed once you get there. There is also the issue of possibly being quarantined there or upon your return. Some have gotten quarantined on both sides. Finally, your airline may cancel your flight. American became the latest to cancel 10% of their flights.

If don't mind spending a month to spend in isolation and not seeing anything when you get there, I’ll bet the air fares are low with everyone cancelling.

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."

Last edited by Donnie D; 03-10-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:50 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Maybe not even for fear of the virus as much as fear of borders being shutdown and not being able to make it back home.
Yes! I was thinking what if you fly, even domestically, get to your destination and before you return the goverment takes a mega drastic step and shuts down all air travel like 911?
Bus, train, Car rental? Uber for 2100 miles? Hitchhike?
Old 03-10-2020, 08:21 AM

This may help a bit.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...ice/index.html

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."
Old 03-10-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Honestly, I'd be worried about making those plans. Maybe not even for fear of the virus as much as fear of borders being shutdown and not being able to make it back home.
This is something I've thought about but we're going to Montreal/Mont-Tremblant and there haven't been many cases in Canada at the moment so I don't think I'd have to worry too much about not being able to get back into the states.

It is something in the back of my head, though
Old 03-10-2020, 09:19 AM

Yeah honestly the quarantines worry me as much as getting sick does, that's why I wouldn't wanna go abroad right now. As much as they clean and filter the planes I would still be stressed out being in such close quarters with so many people. I'm not a huge worrywart in general but this is getting to me a bit.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:29 AM

I don’t think Canada is nearly as great an issue. When the term international travel was used, I thought you meant overseas.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Coronavirus dashboard

https://ncov2019.live/data
Old 03-16-2020, 07:11 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

We planned to come back to Tampa in May. I think its 50-50.