BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 09-23-2018, 07:00 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
You sure that you don't have Cernak confused with Masin? Masin had a couple disappointing games, but Cernak has been pretty steady and positionally sound.
Lol no. You are right Masin was a real disappointment. I think I commented how bad Cernak looked in the rookie game.

We all see things differently. You may be right, I mean he is still with the team. So

I think he is #8 on the depth chart - largely because everyone else looks even less ready. I think they are evaluating whether he comes up in case of injury or, if that happens, if they need to get someone else.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I think cernak has looked pretty good. And I actually think Coburn has looked pretty bad. That said, I'm not sure the different has been great enough that Coburn or Girardi us headed to the bench (and i will default to the "its preseason for a lot of vets). Cooper usually let's vet have every opportunity to play themselves out of s spot. I'd be surprised if cernak makes the team right now. I think if one of the very is awful after a month, you may see him make the charge then. And if you get coburn/Girardi paired often, that could happen. Those two just dont seem to play well together.

Yeah, I don't think Cernak has solidified himself yet either due to the veteran leaning bias. As we speak Cooper is probably thinking of ways he can rotate Sergachev and Girardi into that top 4 depending on zone draws. I think that will change in a couple more preseason games and Cernak will force his way in.