BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1831  
Old 08-02-2020, 01:20 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
When you say you 'draw a line in the sand' I assume that means you won't support them. I took that to mean the entire ticket, not just MO.
I don't agree, we were just talking about VP's being added. If I give you that though, you went the extra mile by saying I'd vote for Trump instead. Please wash your mouth out with soap and then we can move on.
__________________
If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one
Reply With Quote
  #1832  
Old 08-02-2020, 08:38 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,903
Default

Quote:
GOP: Renomination of Trump to be held in private
https://apnews.com/e1c7fb1ed090aef3be8d4784878284be

Wow, this smacks of weakness. It’s a convention tradition that the state-by-state roll call is held as a for-TV event to show rank and file party enthusiasm for the nominee. Democrats are reportedly planning to have delegates from the states standing in front of important state and local landmarks via teleconference as they do theirs later this month.

The GOP doing theirs in private means one of two things: 1.) they’re trying not to leave video evidence to tie themselves to Trump, or 2.) they’re scared of delegates going rogue and casting their votes for another candidate.

It also means they may be neutering the bounce effect they can get out of their convention.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #1833  
Old 08-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 10,335
Default

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asse...xlarge-169.jpg
__________________
"In 2016, there were Republicans concerned about the 'reality show' president, but in 2020, there are Republicans concerned about the reality of the president,”
Reply With Quote
  #1834  
Old 08-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 10,335
Default

“I Only Read Playboy for the Articles”

Lou Williams took that to a new level. He got a hall pass from the Orlando bubble to attend a family funeral. On the way back he decided to stop at an emporium devoted to the pleasures of the flesh, Magic City. However, he had a novel excuse.

He claimed he visited the strip joint strictly to have dinner. His favorite place to eat; partial to the chicken wings.

I’m guessing he also liked the breasts.
__________________
"In 2016, there were Republicans concerned about the 'reality show' president, but in 2020, there are Republicans concerned about the reality of the president,”
Reply With Quote
  #1835  
Old 08-02-2020, 01:27 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,903
Default

Long before the NHL's "Las Vegas Flu" was a thing, visiting NBA teams coming into Atlanta would come down with the "Magic City Flu."
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #1836  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:21 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
“I Only Read Playboy for the Articles”

Lou Williams took that to a new level. He got a hall pass from the Orlando bubble to attend a family funeral. On the way back he decided to stop at an emporium devoted to the pleasures of the flesh, Magic City. However, he had a novel excuse.

He claimed he visited the strip joint strictly to have dinner. His favorite place to eat; partial to the chicken wings.

I’m guessing he also liked the breasts.
The “lou will” wings are a regular menu item there.
Reply With Quote
  #1837  
Old 08-02-2020, 10:52 PM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 5,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
The GOP doing theirs in private means one of two things: 1.) they’re trying not to leave video evidence to tie themselves to Trump, or 2.) they’re scared of delegates going rogue and casting their votes for another candidate.
Maybe they don't want the rest of the country to see another gathering of slobbery mouth-breathers piled on top of each other with no masks... or maybe they don't want to show how empty the place is.
Reply With Quote
  #1838  
Old 08-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 10,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Maybe they don't want the rest of the country to see another gathering of slobbery mouth-breathers piled on top of each other with no masks... or maybe they don't want to show how empty the place is.
Or they are worried that a white power chant will break out.
__________________
"In 2016, there were Republicans concerned about the 'reality show' president, but in 2020, there are Republicans concerned about the reality of the president,”
Reply With Quote
  #1839  
Old 08-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 10,335
Default

A new filing from the Manhattan district attorney’s office suggests that the office is investigating President Donald Trump and his company for potential bank and insurance fraud. The filing argues that Trump should be required to submit eight years of corporate and personal tax returns in compliance with the office’s subpoena, despite objections by Trump claiming the subpoena should be declared invalid. The office only broadly referred to the reason for their investigation, stating “undisputed” news reports regarding Trump’s business practices gave them reason to issue the subpoena. Reports have indicated that the president may have given lenders and insurers false information, artificially inflating his net worth and his properties’ values. Trump’s lawyers insist he has done nothing wrong.
__________________
"In 2016, there were Republicans concerned about the 'reality show' president, but in 2020, there are Republicans concerned about the reality of the president,”
Reply With Quote
  #1840  
Old 08-03-2020, 01:34 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
A new filing from the Manhattan district attorney’s office suggests that the office is investigating President Donald Trump and his company for potential bank and insurance fraud. The filing argues that Trump should be required to submit eight years of corporate and personal tax returns in compliance with the office’s subpoena, despite objections by Trump claiming the subpoena should be declared invalid. The office only broadly referred to the reason for their investigation, stating “undisputed” news reports regarding Trump’s business practices gave them reason to issue the subpoena. Reports have indicated that the president may have given lenders and insurers false information, artificially inflating his net worth and his properties’ values. Trump’s lawyers insist he has done nothing wrong.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.