BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-18-2020, 08:22 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Marco Rubio posted to Twitter to commemorate the passing of John Lewis...

Used a picture of Rubio with Elijah Cummings.

https://twitter.com/lbarronlopez/sta...081232385?s=21
Apparently dan Sullivan did this as well.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:29 AM

Report from an excellent journalist in Portland who I follow Robert Evans (@iwriteok):

Huge crowd in Portland tonight presumably was motivated by Trump declaring that he stopped the rioting in Portland. Early on a bunch of mothers of protestors joined the protest and got tear gassed by the Feds/Unmarked Gestapo/Trumps private police force. Several of the moms were pregnant, so not good.

Then the protestors briefly occupied a police precinct HQ and when the police arrive in force, the crowd went to the unguarded police union office and lit it on fire. Evans said he was surprised the police weren’t expecting this kind of secondary target, and also he feels certain the fire was put out rather quickly and easily.

He’s live streaming right now as the pissed off police are making repeated charges into the crowd, but he notes that the protestors are using Hong Kong protest tactics like staying on the move and not trying to hold their ground, not getting into any full-on confrontations with the police.

Fascinating stuff. I’m glad people aren’t going to abide secret police, dictatorship and SS bullshit.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick has accused NBC of wrongfully firing him over his infamous threesome comments saying the network held him to a different standard than skating commentators Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski, a new lawsuit shows.

Roenick brought 12 claims against NBC Sports and Flood including one that alleges he was discriminated against because of his sex or sexual orientation while Lipinski — a woman — and Weir — a gay man — were not suspended or terminated for similar conduct, the court documents show.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/17/hockey...eesome-firing/
He’s not wrong that those are similar offenses, but I did not think that an employer was obligated to punish everyone equally.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Report from an excellent journalist in Portland who I follow Robert Evans (@iwriteok):

Huge crowd in Portland tonight presumably was motivated by Trump declaring that he stopped the rioting in Portland. Early on a bunch of mothers of protestors joined the protest and got tear gassed by the Feds/Unmarked Gestapo/Trumps private police force. Several of the moms were pregnant, so not good.

Then the protestors briefly occupied a police precinct HQ and when the police arrive in force, the crowd went to the unguarded police union office and lit it on fire. Evans said he was surprised the police weren’t expecting this kind of secondary target, and also he feels certain the fire was put out rather quickly and easily.

He’s live streaming right now as the pissed off police are making repeated charges into the crowd, but he notes that the protestors are using Hong Kong protest tactics like staying on the move and not trying to hold their ground, not getting into any full-on confrontations with the police.

Fascinating stuff. I’m glad people aren’t going to abide secret police, dictatorship and SS bullshit.
Yes.

However, their tactics of vandalism, occupying public building and arson must be stopped.

They have an important message, but they are going to lose the sympathy of the public if they don’t stop the violence. People are going to find the secret police tactics acceptable if they feel that it’s necessary to restore order. The protesters can’t let that happen.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:02 AM
BP Staff

They tear gassed pregnant women?

“Hey, Bill, what’s worse than tear gassing a priest?”

“I dunno Stephen, kidnap a child from their parents and shove them into a wire cage?”

“Nah, that’s so 2019. I got it, we’ll sort of combine the two!”

“How so?”

“We’ll tear gas some pregnant mothers!”
Old 07-19-2020, 10:44 AM

Storm troopers (Grady Judge gets hard just thinking about it) sent by the federal government to “protect” property but no federal plan to fight the covid pandemic. How very Trump; property is of more value than lives of citizens.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:37 AM
BP Staff

Watching clips of the full Trump interview with Chris Wallace. Wallace undressed him repeatedly.

My favorite part was Wallace revealing the new Fox poll with Biden up 49-41 and leading on all the major issues including the economy 44-43, which has been the bone most people polled have been throwing Trump.

Trump says all polls are fake polls. He has polls showing him winning, and the White House has polls showing him winning every swing state.

Fun fact: it’s heavily rumored that Parscale and the rest of his campaign inner circle would have McLaughlin fake good polls to show to Trump to calm him down. So, the fake polls are actually the ones his own people are showing to placate him so they can try to keep their jobs bearable and they continue to coast toward oblivion.

Btw, that Fox News poll was actually the best of the day for him. ABC/WaPo has Biden up 15 with registered voters and 10 with likely voters. There was a thought before March that a high turnout election was better for Trump. That’s turned in the last couple of months. Now it’s looking like a higher turnout will lead to a bigger wave.

If you’re wondering, evidently Clinton was only +4 in the ABC/WaPo poll at this point in 2016.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:58 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Biden is up by a 52% to 43% margin among suburban voters in the ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Other polls in the last month show Biden in as good or even better position among suburban voters. The latest Fox News poll has Biden with 49% to 38% lead. Quinnipiac University poll puts Biden ahead by a 56% to 34% margin with suburbanites. The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll has Biden beating Trump 60% to 35% among suburban voters.

Our early June CNN poll had Biden with a 14-point lead in the suburbs.

In the average of all the polls, Biden's ahead by more than 15 points with suburban voters. This is a historic margin, if it holds.
Four years ago it was Trump +10 in the suburbs in the ABC/WaPo poll. 19 point swing to Biden in the suburbs.

This is why when people I know in rural and exurban areas tell me there’s no way Biden is this far ahead (yard signs and boat flags) I try to remind them that there’s never been a time in American history where there’s been as big a gulf between urban/suburban America and rural/exurban America. Trump is hated/reviled in the former and largely beloved in the latter. And 80.7% of Americans live in the urban and suburban areas of the country. So, yeah, Trump may win rural America handily, but the other 4/5 of the country is not pro-Trump on balance.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Trump says all polls are fake polls. He has polls showing him winning, and the White House has polls showing him winning every swing state
If he was ahead, why did he fire his campaign manager?
Old 07-19-2020, 02:01 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
If he was ahead, why did he fire his campaign manager?
Methinks 'ol Brad was making WAYYY to much $$ to suit the grifter-in-chief.