BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

The organizational nutcase part of my brain now wonders after seeing the first 6-8 posts in this thread, if we need a separate Music/Song Forum and then you can spawn threads about a certain song/band. I can make it happen if you guys want to talk that much about music
Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

That would be terrific, I could easily see this thread getting pretty... cluttered? pretty quickly lol.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Next up, probably my favorite band of all time, Machine Head.
I actually saw them a few years ago on Lamb of God's Sacrament tour (one of the three times I've seen LoG) and a couple of other bands. Amazing live show, for sure.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
I actually saw them a few years ago on Lamb of God's Sacrament tour (one of the three times I've seen LoG) and a couple of other bands. Amazing live show, for sure.
I still remember the first time I saw them was my freshman year of high school opening for Pantera with Coal Chamber. Well, kind of remember. I only remember about half their set and almost nothing of Pantera. Not sure if I got concussed or what. But it was one of the most out of control show I think I have ever seen. It was back when Logan was still the guitarist who was a crazy dude (he's actually now a pretty big music producer).
Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Hey Burnthalo, it seems that we have a similiar taste in music. I've seen Sevendust twice in concert, but only bought one of their CDs. Which album do you recommend from them?

This morning, I dreamt that I was the guitarist in Nevermore. I can't even change chords without stopping. Here's the song that was in my dream. Starts off slow and picks up.

One of my favorite bands and song of all time

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Hey Burnthalo, it seems that we have a similiar taste in music. I've seen Sevendust twice in concert, but only bought one of their CDs. Which album do you recommend from them?

This morning, I dreamt that I was the guitarist in Nevermore. I can't even change chords without stopping. Here's the song that was in my dream. Starts off slow and picks up.

One of my favorite bands and song of all time

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Kind of depends what style you like more. The song I posted (black) is off their first album (selftitled). Their first two albums are probably their heaviest. The others still have plenty of hard riffs, but a lot more melody in with it. Personally, I love the first two (especially the first). Actually, they have a best of CD which may not be a bad way to go if you don't want to buy all like 6 or 7 albums like I did.

And Nevermore is awsome. I'm stoked to see what Loomis comes out with on his own now that he left them. I fear that is the destruction of Nevermore though. For me, Loomis was the band.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Here's my band's song Windows Black. Not much of a video but the music is what's important anyway. Let me know what you all think. We're shooting for having two more mixed and recorded within the next month.

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
The organizational nutcase part of my brain now wonders after seeing the first 6-8 posts in this thread, if we need a separate Music/Song Forum and then you can spawn threads about a certain song/band. I can make it happen if you guys want to talk that much about music
If we can make it with one thread per year for movies, various sports, etc., I would vote no, personally.

However, if the organizational nutcase part of your brain tells you to merge the Ads board & The Farm, that'd be cool.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
I'm gonna change up the pace a little bit here and do something completely different.

There isn't a whole lot I don't listen to, so I'm really liking the potential of this thread.

Here's my contribution for the day (also, Grooveshark should be your best friend):

Jurassic 5 - A Day at the Races

Can't go wrong with real hip-hop. And if you want your ears to catch on fire, skip to 3:26.
I usually can't stand rap. This, however, is something I can dig. It kinda reminds me of the west coast stuff from the late 80s/early 90s, in the way that the flow has rhythm and dynamics and doesn't rely solely on the beat to make the song.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
However, if the organizational nutcase part of your brain tells you to merge the Ads board & The Farm, that'd be cool.
I think that is appropriate now that the Ads fan board is back up and running.