BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

I think they are trying to emulate them but not actually playing their songs, like a tribute band would.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM
Cooper's Law

Birth of Joy is a cool 3-piece band out of the Netherlands. They have a sweet old-school sound both in their musical stylings and their instrumentation, especially with the bass being handled by the keyboard player a la John Paul Jones or May Manzarek.

Speaking of the Doors, check out this track, with the singer sounding just like Jim Morrisson.

Birth Of Joy - Make Things Happen (Official Music Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuXDHGOASGI

*edit*
... and this Doors cover:
Birth of Joy - «Break on Through»
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2-HoNP7vtY

Last edited by the_narrow_way; 05-03-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

While channel flipping stopped on the Rock Hall inductions. Bon Jovi is as lame as any bar and you will see; Richie Sambora stuffed in Spanx is embarrassing. If this is the best they can do just stop.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:12 AM
Erin Andrews' Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
While channel flipping stopped on the Rock Hall inductions. Bon Jovi is as lame as any bar and you will see; Richie Sambora stuffed in Spanx is embarrassing. If this is the best they can do just stop.
And yet Robin Trower, with his own music and with his days as guitarist of Procol Harum, is on the outside looking in. RRHOF is Bullshit!!!!
Old 05-06-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Eh they lost me years ago. To me, you need to have contributed something to music. Popularity and longevity are not a contribution. Pearl jam making it in while you have bands like nine inch nails and depeche mode on the outside is sad.

Last edited by BurnTHalO; 05-06-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The guy playing the guitar, in the beginning, is named Tracy Martin. You may be more familiar with his son, Trayvon.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Last edited by ZeykShade; 05-06-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Mighty Mite

I got a chance to see Queens of the Stone Age at Mahaffey last week. They were fantastic. One of the most interesting light shows I've seen at a rock show. I totally forgot about how much support they have in the metal community. Was surprised to see Cannibal Corpse, Corrosion of Conformity and Slayer shirts.

Their set was heavy on their last two, more eclectic, records, and their first three stoner rock influenced records. Which are my favorites, so their set played to my tastes. If you have an opportunity to check them out, do so.

The only downside was that I missed most of Game 3 against Boston, haha.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

I saw them last Sunday in Jacksonville at the Welcome To Rockville festival; Foo Fighters came on after them to close out the weekend. I second all of your comments, they put on a great show.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I got a chance to see Queens of the Stone Age at Mahaffey last week. They were fantastic. One of the most interesting light shows I've seen at a rock show. I totally forgot about how much support they have in the metal community. Was surprised to see Cannibal Corpse, Corrosion of Conformity and Slayer shirts.

Their set was heavy on their last two, more eclectic, records, and their first three stoner rock influenced records. Which are my favorites, so their set played to my tastes. If you have an opportunity to check them out, do so.

The only downside was that I missed most of Game 3 against Boston, haha.
Songs for the Deaf is one of my favorite albums.

Anthony Bourdain did had Homme on one of his travel/food shows a few years ago; copious amounts of tequila consumed. They were in the desert of course.