BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Deval Patrick is going to enter the race.

CNN reporting they have it from some allies of his who heard him say it to them on a phone call.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Default Paid Family & Medical Leave Scorecards

https://www.plusaction.us/scorecard
Old 11-13-2019, 07:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Taylor is surgical.

He was initially appointed by Reagan, appointed as ambassador by Bush 43 and asked to come back by Pompeo. I guess that shows that he is a partisan democrat.

Nunes’s defense was goofy.

1. The democrats yelled fire on Muller and so you can’t possibly trust them on this subject (Not true, Muller basically said that Trump was guilty).
2. You won’t tell us who the whistle blower is. (Yeah, that’s federal law)
3. The whistle blower was a partisan anti Trummper and must be identified and examined by the committee. (If you don’t know who he is, how do you know that he was an anti Trumper? Nothing the committee has determined by the statements of the whistle blower. It just pointed to the individuals who have confirmed the accuracy of the whistle blowers statements).
4. Trump was just ferreting out corruption by Joe and Hunter Biden. The democrats won’t let us question Hunter Biden. (This is their strongest political argument. While there is no evidence of Joe Biden criminality, Hunter receiving $50,000 a month in salary with no energy background appears to indicate corruption. The kid’s selfishness is going to damage his father’s campaign.).
Goofy, but I'm sure the DubDub crowd will fap to it anyway.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Hypocrisy arguments will never work. We're dealing with a cult. A victimization cult. A cult of personality.

This is why when anyone, looking at Donnie D, says we need to reach more to the center to bring folks back together, it's really frustrating. You don't negotiate with terrorists. The GOP officials in D.C. are supporting Trump out of fear of their own cultists. The centrists will break fascist as they always have in the past.

We are watching how a country devolves into right-wing authoritarianism. Unlike our parents(for the boomers) and our grandparents, we have the benefit of learning from the rise of Nazism from history. A bonafide white nationalist is the architect of our immigration policy. 70,000 children detained. Multiple children died in custody. Many more adults died in custody. 2.3M incarcerated. 450,000 Americans are in jail because they can't afford bail. Not convicted of anything, incarcerated because they're poor.

The only way we're gonna stop this is if all of us who aren't part of the cult, drop the centrist myth of "reaching across the aisle", grab an oar and start pulling this experimental ship back to the left. You'll have a lot more success finding common ground with those on the left than you will with those in the DeathKKKult to the right.
I don’t doubt that there is a “center” where many Americans stay barely engaged in politics. What I do doubt is how many people are actually what you would call the mythical “undecideds” and whether they are worth expending resources to reach when surely it makes FAR more sense to get out the vote for the much, much larger portion of the electorate that agrees with Democratic, liberal, and progressive policies.

Sure, there are loads of people in the rust belt who bought the Trump con job and wanted to elect someone who might shake up the status quo but now see that his economic policies weren’t for them. Ditto the masses of farmer being hurt by tariffs. But how many of those folks also have Christian values that make abortion a nonstarter? How many of them feel like they gave the Black President a chance but it only made things (read: culture wars) worse? How many vote against their personal interests all the damn time?

I’m not saying Dems shouldn’t try to reach them with economic campaign platforms that should really resonate. I’m saying that they’re a lower priority than getting out the damn vote. I’m saying you campaign hard in all but the deepest of red states but do it in a way that is as efficient and effective as possible. Obama won with an historic ground game. People are 10 times more motivated now to get Trump and his cult out of power.

As Pete has said many times, 2020 is simply a referendum on Trump and Trumpism. I’m certain that any so-called undecideds on the issue of ANYONE vs. Trump aren’t worth fighting for.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:24 PM

Looks like Deval Patrick could have notified Michigan Dem Party of his intentions yesterday that he wanted to be on the primary ballot. He did not do this. So he'll have to collect(bribe folks) 11,345 signatures by 12/13/2019 if he wants to get on the primary ballot in MI.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:50 PM

Can I have my million dollars back?

I’m sure that’s what Gordon Sondland is saying after today’s testimony.

Gordo participated in the second oldest profession, buying an ambassadorship. Got a great gig too. Ambassador to the Economic Union. You get to live in Brussels for 4 years, travel throughout Europe, eat good food and rub elbows with the powerful. What’s not to like?

What you didn’t count on was Trump, Giuliani and Liv needing someone to help them with their shakedown in the Ukraine. But they need a loyal patsy, you gave a million dollars, you’re hanging around the area, so Gord you’re our man.

It starts out well. You get to hang with the Vice President, Giuliani, cabinet members. Heck even the Donald. When the committee comes to call, you tell them, I don’t know nothing about no shakedown. Trump calls you a great American.

But then you see the other transcripts and they are saying something totally different. Facing a possible perjury charge, a miracle occurs. You’re healed. Your amnesia has gone away. You did hear about the shakedown. In fact, you remember it was you who told Ukraine that you were making them an offer that they couldn’t refuse.

Oops, Trump now says, that he doesn't know you well at all. In fact, his cronies start accusing you of being a never trumper, a member of the deep state and, worst of all, a secret democrat.

Now today, testimony comes out that the day after the infamous phone call, you called Trump on his personal, unsecured cell phone to update him on the progress of the shakedown. Now you have to decide whether a second miracle takes place and you remember a phone call with the President or roll the dice and try and avoid a second perjury charge.

I’m guessing Gordo is wishing he could get his money back and visit Europe on his own dime.

Last edited by Donnie D; 11-13-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

That my friend is frickin brilliant. Well done.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Hypocrisy arguments will never work. We're dealing with a cult. A victimization cult. A cult of personality.

This is why when anyone, looking at Donnie D, says we need to reach more to the center to bring folks back together, it's really frustrating. You don't negotiate with terrorists. The GOP officials in D.C. are supporting Trump out of fear of their own cultists. The centrists will break fascist as they always have in the past.

We are watching how a country devolves into right-wing authoritarianism. Unlike our parents(for the boomers) and our grandparents, we have the benefit of learning from the rise of Nazism from history. A bonafide white nationalist is the architect of our immigration policy. 70,000 children detained. Multiple children died in custody. Many more adults died in custody. 2.3M incarcerated. 450,000 Americans are in jail because they can't afford bail. Not convicted of anything, incarcerated because they're poor.

The only way we're gonna stop this is if all of us who aren't part of the cult, drop the centrist myth of "reaching across the aisle", grab an oar and start pulling this experimental ship back to the left. You'll have a lot more success finding common ground with those on the left than you will with those in the DeathKKKult to the right.
Zeyk, I agree and I’m sure NO ONE will ever reach these cultists. I’ve said many times here that this worship of a cult of personality and authoritarianism goes WAY BACK in this country, and will carry on probably through our lifetimes. Again, I’m guessing that the hard core (he can shoot someone...) is somewhere around 35%, including the “battleground states” of PA, OH, MI, WI. That’s still leaves a good number of folks in those states, white and otherwise, that a candidate needs to appeal to for their vote. I certainly hope that the young and persons of color come out and actually vote for the “ham sandwich” or whoever. But if they are all pissed off and insulted that their personal favorite is not the nominee, and they don’t vote, well we are all F’ed.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:32 AM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:01 PM

Preview photo kinda tells all you need to know about that video, huh?