BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post

Side note: flash chat kills the board and kind of defeats the purpose of having one especially in the case of game day threads. It's nice to read back on remarks from the game in real time and not necessarily well thought out summaries after the game.
I agree here. Flash chat is great and all, but rarely do I watch the game when it starts - Gamecenter Live and skip the commercials/intermissions.

That was a strange game. I'll take it, though.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I must admit it was a very enjoyable game to watch. It was even better sending all those red jerseys home crying, and did they ever cry.

Like Boston, Chicago knows how to keep us on the boards. But if they left an opening or if they allowed us to get to the net Khabby was very beatable. That was sad as I have always loved Khabby, but his time has come.

Patrick Kanes is fun to watch, as was Stamkos once he got going. Nice 4 point game for him tonight.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Patrick Kanes is fun to watch
Give you three guesses who Drouin is often compared to, and the first two don't count.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

This hasn't been pointed out yet but hats off to stamkos. When they checked at Louis and he came over and knocked the guy down... It was a proud moment lol.

I will take that penalty 120% of the time every time. Especially when it shows the bench that your captain wont be touched without repercussions.

Probably didnt deserve those 2 points...but they grounded two points out. I'll take it. Year ago we were on the other end of tonight every time.

Side note; for the lightning fans that put on the Chicago jerseys at the game F off and dont come back
Old 10-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Game

Made it to the game last when a friend had an extra ticket. Holy crap. We started out slow then picked it up. Refs were anti one sided, that hooking call at the start of the third had every guy on the ice looking to see who the call was against. Saw Killer on the top line with Stammer and MSL and that line worked better. Bugsy just is too slow for the top line,he did some good things on the bottom lines but needs to work on his stick handling skills. The PK was on fire and when they are aggressive they are very very good. PP got better and they showed some real resilience in moving the puck and not giving up when the hawks made a good play. Hedman was poor early on but got much better later on. Damn the own goal. One thing that sticks in my mind is that we went toe to toe with a very good team and our own mistakes almost cost us the game, but we kept coming back. This is a young team and they beat the Cup champs twice, yeah not real pretty but they are learning and with improvement to the blue line, this team has a chance to be special.
Oh, TJ needs to use his speed more and Panik played well, it looks like he is trying to get the D part of his game down and now is trying to add his offense. He needs to shoot and go to the net more.
I am so glad they won, my niece and sister in law were there rooting for the Hawks, while I love my niece glad her mom went home mad.

Last edited by aapbolt; 10-25-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
This hasn't been pointed out yet but hats off to stamkos. When they checked at Louis and he came over and knocked the guy down... It was a proud moment lol.

I will take that penalty 120% of the time every time. Especially when it shows the bench that your captain wont be touched without repercussions.
Great observation.

That was a hell of an entertaining hockey game; I'm glad I got to see it in person.

When Stammer imposes his will, we are a hard team to beat, and that top line is near indefensible.

TJ stood out for me last night. He had a couple of nice hits, really more launching himself at a larger player, but he was making the effort to create space for himself, which is nice to see. That own-goal was...bizarre. Nice to see the hockey gods smile on Gudas and give him a little redemption on the game winner.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Default 4 points against the Hawks

I don't know if I'll remember to keep checking, but I'm curious how long before one of the other 28 teams in the league will earn 4 points against Chicago. I'm guessing it will be a while.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

A very nice win to say the least. As we witness the continued maturation of this team each game, I can't help but see Chicago as a very comparable team to what Yzerman is building. The up and down speed on display last night was fun to watch.

Question, was it Brewer or Sustr who flubbed the center point shot that led to Kane's breakaway?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Nice being 4-0 against the west
Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Brian Bradley's Pimp Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Question, was it Brewer or Sustr who flubbed the center point shot that led to Kane's breakaway?
It was Brewer.