BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Entire team is playing like they did to start the year. Lulls happen. Don't like the trend for the past 5 games, even though they've won 2 of those. PK has been shitty, letting in far too many goals and puck management goes away entirely for stretches of games.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Coburn should never see the ice for this team again.
And he is signed for next year!

Kayleigh McEnany: Thanks to the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."

Last edited by Donnie D; 02-25-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:12 PM
Cooper's Law

I don't remember him playing this poorly before the game he missed a couple weeks ago. He actually looked pretty decent when McDonagh initially went down and he was paired with Cernak. Maybe they should try that pairing out for a couple games and put Bogosian with Hedman. If he's banged up, then call up Gaunce.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:04 AM
BP Staff

Interesting note: the three additions combined for 11 hits tonight, which was a third of the team's overall total. Not difficult to figure out what the plan was.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:18 AM

Play of the night was when Stamkos chose to pass back cross-ice when he had a clear, good percentage shot right on his stick. Way too much overthinking again lately. I think the personnel changes have been a mental disruption.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:19 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Bad habits creeped back in again but they will be fine. Coleman looks good; strong forecheck, good vision, and looks like he has no problem with shooting.

I’m going to be that guy and say it... officiating absolutely sucked again. How you going to call 2 penalties on practically the same exact play. That never ever gets called. Then the check hit into the shoulder that was a clean open ice hit. The icing call their player touched it before it even reached the blue line. You can’t make this stuff up; feel like it’s the same officials from my beer league.

Please please keep 55-24 off the ice or protect them. They are terrible. I cringed every time the puck was behind our net. Johnson has 1 power play goal in 168 games why is on any of the power plays?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:55 AM

Man, you want something insane, go look at the advanced stats for Coburn. -34.8 Corsi, 2 HD scoring chances against, xGF% of 25.02. Again, no way that guy should be on the ice again.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Man, you want something insane, go look at the advanced stats for Coburn. -34.8 Corsi, 2 HD scoring chances against, xGF% of 25.02. Again, no way that guy should be on the ice again.
It's nice when Adv. Stats back up what we can all see. He's on the wrong side of his checks and is losing battles because of it. 2 goals last night were a direct result of him losing battles. Don't know what's going on with him as he was ok for a while, McD can't come back fast enough even though McD was looking like poo as well.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:01 PM

Jake Muzzin out four weeks with a broken hand.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 PM
Cooper's Law

Bogo was good. Looked more mobile that some have said. No reason to cringe there.