BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
They made the ECF last year. Hardly shitting the bed.
Not scoring a goal in two straight games (8 periods?) to get eliminated after having control of a series is shitting the bed.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I have no rooting interest in any others either. Probably will watch very few of the other games this post season.

My fear is we will be looking up at the ‘turds in the standings next season with Q running the team there and a few new faces. And a down grade here when the purge begins.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

BriseBois is going to have a tough summer ahead. Maybe this outcome will get a couple of the NTC guys willing to move on? It's clear defense is going to be priority #1. We desperately could use a solid defensive right shot defenseman to pair with Hedman next season. If Sergachev is not going to play on the right side, I think his future in the organization is in doubt. We also need some size in our top 6. Somebody that is good along the wall and in the blue ice. We have too many skill guys allergic to the front of the net. It would be nice if we could clear out a couple bottom six slots for Stephens an Volkov.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
BriseBois is going to have a tough summer ahead. Maybe this outcome will get a couple of the NTC guys willing to move on? It's clear defense is going to be priority #1. We desperately could use a solid defensive right shot defenseman to pair with Hedman next season. If Sergachev is not going to play on the right side, I think his future in the organization is in doubt. We also need some size in our top 6. Somebody that is good along the wall and in the blue ice. We have too many skill guys allergic to the front of the net. It would be nice if we could clear out a couple bottom six slots for Stephens an Volkov.
He played there all season. Would love an explanation for the random switch.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

The play of 98 was, IMHO, just above abysmal. Again, lazy, cavalier play with the puck. Christ, he almost put it off Vasi's skates last game for a goal against... Either not enough smelling salts or boots up the ass...I dunno.

And huge kudos to Nigel for the offside call. That would've been killer, and it wasn't crystal clear as to the OS. Nigel is a treasure to the or gan iz ation.

Burn is unfortunately correct---right now we ARE the Sharks.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
But the Sharks are also the Sharks!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
The Sharks never did anything this pathetic, and that’s even acknowledging they once blew a 3-0 lead in a series.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:43 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Okay, but you’re a hair splitter.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:11 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

I'm catching tons of crap from family and friends in all corners of the country. This stigma will be here until they win the cup IMO.

I'm not jumping off the Lightning bandwagon, but its tougher now and most likely for some time to have the sense of pride we had and with the belief in where we could go.

The wife and I are invested considerably in the team as we are half season ticket holders. I have spent thousands on Lightning related gear and even have personalized plates on my car touting my Love for the Organization...

Someone said it's too soon to start talking about the changes needed...maybe, but I do know that change is definitely coming and I also hope it signals some change with respect to coaching philosophy.

Cooper has been able to have a certain smugness about his decisions because they were winning, sometimes when playing less then stellar hockey. We were getting away with sloppy play and bone headed decisions and mostly came out on the right side. But moving forward, he will have to change some of his ways or he may not make it past next season...

I certainly dont have all the answers. But top to bottom there has to be a shakeup in philosophy and we need players that can adapt to the second season and play the style that is needed come playoff time. I agree its crap to have such varied rule enforcement in the playoffs, but until that changes, we have to change.

Last thought. Does SFY get any blame? He basically built this team and his finger prints are all over the guys we have here and in the minors. We have many young players that are cut from same mold...the smaller skilled type guys. I fear that Yzermans philosophy of the type of players he covets is deep within our franchise. Maybe we are structured too heavily on those types of players....just a thought.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 AM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Pretty stunned today.
Thought I would post this link to our historical seasons for reference as we talk about rebuild during the long summer break.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...htning_seasons