BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default Bolts vs Caps 3/16 7PM

I'm mainly just starting this thread to show off the St. Patrick's Day warm-up jerseys, which feature custom nameplates like Drago, Big Cat, and Killer.

https://twitter.com/TBLightning/stat...58453820538880
https://twitter.com/TBLightning/stat...59385018941440
Old 03-17-2019, 07:27 AM

Here's a link to the auction for the warm-up jerseys.

Girardi's G $ is kind of appropriate.

Anyone know why Paquette went with Frank?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:29 AM
BP Staff

I'm deeply saddened he didn't go with Dump Truck.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

The next Lightning win wraps everything up — division, conference, and Presidents’ Trophy. They’d be at 116 points and no one else can go higher than 115 now.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:30 PM

Do they hand out the trophy as soon as we win it? I have no idea how that works.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Craps

The craps got away with a lot of cheap shots last night, including Wilson’s boarding on Sergy which I hope is reviewed. The refs were not very good and the ghost penalties like Kucherov supposed interference call hopefully will not be called by more experienced refs. We started out soft but really picked up the pace and dished some pretty good hits on them. At the end it was nice to see Wilson lose his cool.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Cooper's Law

The Wilson hit on Sergachev wasn't dirty, it was all shoulder to shoulder. I know Johnson got a goal, but I felt that our bottom six really carried the play last night. If we can get playoff Killorn to show up like he did last night, you can just imagine the possibilities. Final thing, the legend of Cernak continues to get bigger every game. The guy takes no shit from anyone, and he continues to just scratch the surface on what he can do offensively.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:46 PM
BP Staff

As I said in the game story, Kucherov and Stamkos had zero SOG through 40 minutes according to the NHL Network intermission report. They got outplayed by Ovechkin and Backstrom, IMO, even though Backstrom's stats look like the dog's breakfast. Point was pretty MIA for much of the game, too, and Hedman looked like dog poo He missed a pretty easy clear that led to Ovechkin's first PP goal, for instance.

The game WAS won by the lower two lines. Killorn obviously had his hat trick and the Paquette line had Washington hemmed in every time they got out. That's a major reversal of the ECF, which I remember being marked by the Lightning being constantly hemmed up by Smith-Pelly et al. That's a big reason to believe the Lightning may have the horses this year to beat Washington in the postseason. We look like we've got more depth, we're by-God winning faceoffs for the first time since late in Vinny's tenure with the franchise, and I don't think any team can hold down our big horses for an entire 7-game series the way our big horses were quiet last night.

Oh... and Vasilevskiy was the ish in the Second Period and won a goaltending duel with Holtby. He made Holtby blink first on the Cernak goal.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
The Wilson hit on Sergachev wasn't dirty, it was all shoulder to shoulder. I know Johnson got a goal, but I felt that our bottom six really carried the play last night. If we can get playoff Killorn to show up like he did last night, you can just imagine the possibilities. Final thing, the legend of Cernak continues to get bigger every game. The guy takes no shit from anyone, and he continues to just scratch the surface on what he can do offensively.
Couldn’t agree more. The nights of him “losing an edge” seem to be history. Credit Kuch’s balls-out get to the rubber that gave Killer his hat. THAT was a stout play at the very end.

Cernak and Foote will give us two nice bangers that don’t take crap from anyone.
81 is becoming a “Point-like” development on the back end. Oh, and I haven’t seen much or anything not to like about Ruuta.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Cooper's Law

Ruuta has been noticable when he was out there, in a good way. I wasn't expecting much out of him but I'm pleased so far.