BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bolts vs Sens 3/2 7pm

I have no news
Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Cooper's Law

I don't think anything has been reported publicly, but it appears that Cernak is out of the defensive rotation. It's pretty amazing how advanced he is at such a young age.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Bolts hit 50 wins in 66 games.

104 points on the season.

Kucherov is up to 106.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:30 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
I have no news
Thatís alright. Ottawa had no prayer.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Cooper's Law

First time in franchise history that 4 different defensemen have scored a goal in the same game.

All D had at least a point. 3rd time that's ever happened for us.

Game was kinda sloppy for parts. Vassy tried like hell to give them more goals with his puckhandling.

Remarkable that they tied that Wings team for fastest to 50 wins. That's absurd given the salary cap didn't exist. You're not supposed to be able to do what the Lightning are doing. The salary cap is supposed to counter this kind of dominance directly by increasing parity throughout the league.

Next time anyone wants to harp on a shitty period or a loss, keep this in mind please. 0.788 Points Percentage through 66 games. That's fucking absurd.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:18 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
First time in franchise history that 4 different defensemen have scored a goal in the same game.

All D had at least a point. 3rd time that's ever happened for us.

Game was kinda sloppy for parts. Vassy tried like hell to give them more goals with his puckhandling.

Remarkable that they tied that Wings team for fastest to 50 wins. That's absurd given the salary cap didn't exist. You're not supposed to be able to do what the Lightning are doing. The salary cap is supposed to counter this kind of dominance directly by increasing parity throughout the league.

Next time anyone wants to harp on a shitty period or a loss, keep this in mind please. 0.788 Points Percentage through 66 games. That's fucking absurd.
Yeah, I just hope Cooper and the coaching staff aren't just riding out the string of the regular season and are down in the lab trying to find ways to tweak the lineup and the lines so this whole thing stays fresh, because we're all 0-0 after game 82 is in the books, and that's the most dangerous time for a team like this one.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Yeah, I just hope Cooper and the coaching staff aren't just riding out the string of the regular season and are down in the lab trying to find ways to tweak the lineup and the lines so this whole thing stays fresh, because we're all 0-0 after game 82 is in the books, and that's the most dangerous time for a team like this one.
Especially with this playoff format, we aren't going to get any layups.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Cooper's Law

Someone needs to explain what foul Kucherov committed that resulted in a PS.

To be awarded a penalty shot, with few exceptions a minor foul must be committed that would have resulted in a 2-minute penalty had it not been from behind on a breakaway.
He reached out and gently nudged the puck carrier in the butt with the toe of his blade, at the perfect time to disrupt his shot. It wasn't spearing, because (a) no stabbing motion and (b) no minor penalty for spearing exists.
It wasn't checking from behind, because again no minor penalty for that exists.
Stoked that Vasi made the save on that PS, whatever it was for besides a brilliant play on the backcheck by Kucherov.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Cooper's Law

Yeah, I don't think that qualified for a penalty thus it should not have been a penalty shot either.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Cooper's Law

Technically it's a combination of hooking/tripping even if those penalties don't completely fit the bill of what Kucherov did. Basically, any trailing player on a breakaway situation (Kucherov in this instance) cannot use their stick to impede the player at all. The only way it's legal is if you're going for the puck.