BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-29-2014, 02:41 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Is it technically legal to fine and ban someone for a private conversation in that person's home? I get what he said was wrong and all but it's not like he made these comments during an interview out in the public. He made his comments in his own home in a "private" phone call.
Depends on the laws in California. In Florida it is illegal to tape a phone call without permission or a court order.

I have only heard a few seconds of the call. I heard that it was an hour long. Does anyone have a link to the full conversation?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Steve Downie's Kisses
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Is it technically legal to fine and ban someone for a private conversation in that person's home? I get what he said was wrong and all but it's not like he made these comments during an interview out in the public. He made his comments in his own home in a "private" phone call.
California's rule on tapping conversations is 2-party consent (or more I guess if more people are present in the conversation). Supposedly this was covered b/c she said Sterling asked him to record his conversations so he could remember what he was saying
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Steve Downie's Kisses
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,167
Default

What I really don't understand is why the LA chapter of the NAACP was set to award Sterling with a "Lifetime Achievement Award". What a crock of shit that he was even considered much less set to be awarded
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 13,603
Default

That's a phone call? Doesn't sound like one at all.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:45 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Granted, I haven't read much about this incident, but I'm confused about motivation here. If girlie was trying to blackmail him...she did it wrong.
She extorted 3 million already, and I'm pretty sure the wife is going after that. Probably realized she wasn't going to get any more $$$ and took him down. Doesn't surprise me to see someone do something so petty
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 13,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
She extorted 3 million already, and I'm pretty sure the wife is going after that. Probably realized she wasn't going to get any more $$$ and took him down. Doesn't surprise me to see someone do something so petty
Didn't know she had gotten some money already (like I said, haven't read much about this).

I don't know about petty. It doesn't say a whole lot for her that she would put up with someone who apparently viewed her as inferior, but I can't say I mind seeing a giant idiot such as that guy being brought low.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-29-2014, 08:44 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Didn't know she had gotten some money already (like I said, haven't read much about this).

I don't know about petty. It doesn't say a whole lot for her that she would put up with someone who apparently viewed her as inferior, but I can't say I mind seeing a giant idiot such as that guy being brought low.
Petty as in it was out or revenge/gain personal satisfaction by downing somebody else. Personally, I just don't like the hypocrisy and mob mentality, nor do I believe that people should be punished for their views as long as they keep them private nor act on them in a business environment.

I shed no tears for the bigot, but in the big picture, its setting bad precedents.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-29-2014, 10:26 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,222
Default

According to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner, Ralph Hudgens, 220,000 Georgians signed up for healthcare. He is reporting that his office asked the 5 insurance companies of that state for the numbers that have paid because the Federal Gov would not give him those figures. As of tonight that number is only 108,000, or less than half have paid and are now covered.

Other states are attempting to get their numbers and so far Illinois and Nevada are seeing the same low numbers as Georgia.

The Commissioner stated that Georgia healthcare premiums should be much higher in for 2015.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 04-29-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,783
Default

So the fuck what? So what if half of the 7 million targeted sign ups haven't paid YET? That's still millions of people who are happy to have affordable health insurance. It's a damn good step in the right direction and away from the insane "we don't have an alternative" approach of your poor-hating Koch heads and their conservative flock of sheeple.

C'mon Waiver, what's your next talking point? I mean, surely they've fed one to you. Or do you bother to think about WHY your leaders have nothing but negativity to offer while covering their assets?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Petty as in it was out or revenge/gain personal satisfaction by downing somebody else. Personally, I just don't like the hypocrisy and mob mentality, nor do I believe that people should be punished for their views as long as they keep them private nor act on them in a business environment.

I shed no tears for the bigot, but in the big picture, its setting bad precedents.
Thats how I feel. Eight years ago he did just as racist things that directly impacted and ruins people's lives, and no outrage at all. But then he says some words about a celebrity and people go nuts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.