BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 04-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Is it technically legal to fine and ban someone for a private conversation in that person's home? I get what he said was wrong and all but it's not like he made these comments during an interview out in the public. He made his comments in his own home in a "private" phone call.
Depends on the laws in California. In Florida it is illegal to tape a phone call without permission or a court order.

I have only heard a few seconds of the call. I heard that it was an hour long. Does anyone have a link to the full conversation?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Is it technically legal to fine and ban someone for a private conversation in that person's home? I get what he said was wrong and all but it's not like he made these comments during an interview out in the public. He made his comments in his own home in a "private" phone call.
California's rule on tapping conversations is 2-party consent (or more I guess if more people are present in the conversation). Supposedly this was covered b/c she said Sterling asked him to record his conversations so he could remember what he was saying
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

What I really don't understand is why the LA chapter of the NAACP was set to award Sterling with a "Lifetime Achievement Award". What a crock of shit that he was even considered much less set to be awarded
Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

That's a phone call? Doesn't sound like one at all.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Granted, I haven't read much about this incident, but I'm confused about motivation here. If girlie was trying to blackmail him...she did it wrong.
She extorted 3 million already, and I'm pretty sure the wife is going after that. Probably realized she wasn't going to get any more $$$ and took him down. Doesn't surprise me to see someone do something so petty
Old 04-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
She extorted 3 million already, and I'm pretty sure the wife is going after that. Probably realized she wasn't going to get any more $$$ and took him down. Doesn't surprise me to see someone do something so petty
Didn't know she had gotten some money already (like I said, haven't read much about this).

I don't know about petty. It doesn't say a whole lot for her that she would put up with someone who apparently viewed her as inferior, but I can't say I mind seeing a giant idiot such as that guy being brought low.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Didn't know she had gotten some money already (like I said, haven't read much about this).

I don't know about petty. It doesn't say a whole lot for her that she would put up with someone who apparently viewed her as inferior, but I can't say I mind seeing a giant idiot such as that guy being brought low.
Petty as in it was out or revenge/gain personal satisfaction by downing somebody else. Personally, I just don't like the hypocrisy and mob mentality, nor do I believe that people should be punished for their views as long as they keep them private nor act on them in a business environment.

I shed no tears for the bigot, but in the big picture, its setting bad precedents.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:26 PM

According to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner, Ralph Hudgens, 220,000 Georgians signed up for healthcare. He is reporting that his office asked the 5 insurance companies of that state for the numbers that have paid because the Federal Gov would not give him those figures. As of tonight that number is only 108,000, or less than half have paid and are now covered.

Other states are attempting to get their numbers and so far Illinois and Nevada are seeing the same low numbers as Georgia.

The Commissioner stated that Georgia healthcare premiums should be much higher in for 2015.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 04-29-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Cooper's Law

So the fuck what? So what if half of the 7 million targeted sign ups haven't paid YET? That's still millions of people who are happy to have affordable health insurance. It's a damn good step in the right direction and away from the insane "we don't have an alternative" approach of your poor-hating Koch heads and their conservative flock of sheeple.

C'mon Waiver, what's your next talking point? I mean, surely they've fed one to you. Or do you bother to think about WHY your leaders have nothing but negativity to offer while covering their assets?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Petty as in it was out or revenge/gain personal satisfaction by downing somebody else. Personally, I just don't like the hypocrisy and mob mentality, nor do I believe that people should be punished for their views as long as they keep them private nor act on them in a business environment.

I shed no tears for the bigot, but in the big picture, its setting bad precedents.
Thats how I feel. Eight years ago he did just as racist things that directly impacted and ruins people's lives, and no outrage at all. But then he says some words about a celebrity and people go nuts.