BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Concentration camps, dude. Fucking concentration camps.
True.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:28 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Concentration camps, dude. Fucking concentration camps.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:16 PM

How would you all resolve the illegal immigration issue?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:37 PM
BP Staff

Comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship. Folks are already here and there are several sectors of the economy that depend on them: agriculture, construction, hospitality, etc. Iíd rather they be allowed to come out into the light as productive, taxpaying Americans.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:24 PM
Keefamania!

Default Obama officials concede role in slow $20 Harriet Tubman bill rollout: report

Obama officials concede role in slow $20 Harriet Tubman bill rollout: report

'After Democrat lawmakers and commentators spent months hammering the Trump administration for supposedly delaying the release of a $20 bill featuring abolitionist Harriet Tubman, several officials appointed by President Barack Obama have reportedly admitted that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has followed the Obama timeline for producing the new currency. ...

But a current "high-ranking government official" appointed by Obama, as well as a former official, confirmed to The Washington Post that the Tubman bill had "had "always been scheduled for release toward the end of the next decade." ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...rollout-report

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even ó you could even rig Americaís elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-15-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship. Folks are already here and there are several sectors of the economy that depend on them: agriculture, construction, hospitality, etc. Iíd rather they be allowed to come out into the light as productive, taxpaying Americans.
How about new illegal immigration?
Old 07-16-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
How about new illegal immigration?
Explain please.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Explain please.
He's saying that Pete is addressing those that have been here a long time, but how do you address the people crossing now.

My answer would be start putting money back into those countries. If you want to stop them from coming here, make it so their home is worth staying at. But I would also not spend insane time debating/working on it, as I see much larger threats to our country than illegal immigration. We need to address global warming and do it in a big way, and fast. So I would invest back into the countries, and move right on to real threats to our country and planet.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Explain please.
What Burn said. Whatís the plan for new illegal immigrants, how do you make sure there isnít another 10 million undocumented peopleís living here.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
He's saying that Pete is addressing those that have been here a long time, but how do you address the people crossing now.

My answer would be start putting money back into those countries. If you want to stop them from coming here, make it so their home is worth staying at. But I would also not spend insane time debating/working on it, as I see much larger threats to our country than illegal immigration. We need to address global warming and do it in a big way, and fast. So I would invest back into the countries, and move right on to real threats to our country and planet.
How would you put money into Mexico? How do you make sure that another sovereign nation uses that money appropriately? You can address climate change and immigration.