BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Alex Acosta just resigned. Another of Trump's very best advisors, this one going down after pursuing an absurdly light sentence for likely pedophile and likely sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.

The first of many rich and influential scum bags to be implicated in this, I think. I really, REALLY, hope Epstein flips on a bunch of said scum bags.

The old axiom comes to mind: You are judged by the company you keep. Not looking good for dear leader.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Alex Acosta just resigned. Another of Trump's very best advisors, this one going down after pursuing an absurdly light sentence for likely pedophile and likely sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.

The first of many rich and influential scum bags to be implicated in this, I think. I really, REALLY, hope Epstein flips on a bunch of said scum bags.

The old axiom comes to mind: You are judged by the company you keep. Not looking good for dear leader.
Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein: How Are They Connected?

'...Flight records published by Gawker in 2015 suggested that Mr. Clinton took at least a dozen separate flights on Mr. Epsteinís plane. A year later, Fox News reported that flight records showed President Clinton had flown at least 26 times on Mr. Epsteinís plane. ...

Additionally, New York magazine reported in 2003 that Mr. Epstein once threw a dinner party at the house in Mr. Clintonís honor. ...

At one point, Mr. Epsteinís personal phonebook, which was submitted as an exhibit in a court case against Mr. Epstein and was published by BuzzFeed in 2015, contained more than 20 numbers, emails and addresses to get in touch with Mr. Clinton, most of them listed under Mr. Bandís name. ...'

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/n...y-epstein.html
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even ó you could even rig Americaís elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
[b][size="4"]Insert post riddled with useless emojis and unnecessary headline sizing
Considering your post history, TDI, I'm assuming you are pointing out Clinton in response to the criticism Trump is taking at the moment for his association with Epstein. I should point out that NOBODY is saying Clinton isn't looking just as bad as Trump for his dealings with Epstein. Which is kind of why used the terminology rich and influential scumbags. Clinton fits right in there with dear leader.

My hope is that those who trot out FoxNews talking points and are quick to point out the shortcomings of the other party use this to consider the moral and intellectual rot that has metastasized within their party. If the abhorrent treatment of migrant/asylum seeking/illegals children wasn't enough, perhaps the association with sex traffickers might spark some introspection as to whom you allow to lead you.

To Democrats credit, I've noticed both on this board and elsewhere, if one of their party members or donors turns out to be a scum bag, they have no issue forcing them out of the party or calling for them to receive their just desserts, and I don't see them using the bad behavior of Republicans to justify a Democrats criminality (perceived or adjudicated). Occasionally you get your Jon Cornyns, sure, but Al Franken is a perfect example of doing the right thing. I encourage you and others in the red camp to walk the walk instead of pointing out other's gait in lieu of getting your own house in order.

Last edited by dannybolt; 07-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM
BP Staff

Quote:

I'd like to know how Acosta got either A.) Paid off, or B.) Blackmailed to give Epstein the original deal that he got.

I'd also like some enterprising reporter to do a little more digging into what was really going on with Trump's shady "modeling" company that Epstein claimed was the template for his own.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:43 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Considering your post history, TDI, I'm assuming you are pointing out Clinton in response to the criticism Trump is taking at the moment for his association with Epstein. I should point out that NOBODY is saying Clinton isn't looking just as bad as Trump for his dealings with Epstein. Which is kind of why used the terminology rich and influential scumbags. Clinton fits right in there with dear leader.

My hope is that those who trot out FoxNews talking points and are quick to point out the shortcomings of the other party use this to consider the moral and intellectual rot that has metastasized within their party. If the abhorrent treatment of migrant/asylum seeking/illegals children wasn't enough, perhaps the association with sex traffickers might spark some introspection as to whom you allow to lead you.

To Democrats credit, I've noticed both on this board and elsewhere, if one of their party members or donors turns out to be a scum bag, they have no issue forcing them out of the party or calling for them to receive their just desserts, and I don't see them using the bad behavior of Republicans to justify a Democrats criminality (perceived or adjudicated). Occasionally you get your Jon Cornyns, sure, but Al Franken is a perfect example of doing the right thing. I encourage you and others in the red camp to walk the walk instead of pointing out other's gait in lieu of getting your own house in order.
Correct. I reiterate what I said earlier: if anybody with a D beside their name, even Bill Clinton, hurts children, they're excommunicated and I hope they stick 'em under the jail.

Conversely, if you look at the wreckage of the Republican Party these days, they're falling all over themselves to give guys like Acosta cabinet posts or guys like Dershowitz prime time segments on Fox News' state TV propaganda shows.

So, no Tdi, you're not hurting my feelings. You're just highlighting what a partisan hack hypocrite you are.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'd like to know how Acosta got either A.) Paid off, or B.) Blackmailed to give Epstein the original deal that he got.

I'd also like some enterprising reporter to do a little more digging into what was really going on with Trump's shady "modeling" company that Epstein claimed was the template for his own.
At the very least, and best case, Acosta was cowed by the white shoed militia that Epstein brought to the fight. He was a pocket knife and they were brandishing AR15's. Worst case? He was paid off or blackmailed.

BIG kudos to the Miami Herald...and don't think she's done cooperating with SDNY and uncovering links to many other reprobates.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:

'...I should point out that NOBODY is saying Clinton isn't looking just as bad as Trump for his dealings with Epstein. ...'

Actually, that is the point...you folks seem to relish in highlighting any issue with this POTUS but severely lacking in such any semblance of balance with Clinton.

Just imagine the abhorrent treatment that occur to those children who are being used by fake asylum-seekers...(by the way, true asylum seekers are supposed to claim asylum in the first country safe to do so)...

As for the DNC party...see infanticide and the states of Virginia & New York.
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even ó you could even rig Americaís elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
'...I should point out that NOBODY is saying Clinton isn't looking just as bad as Trump for his dealings with Epstein. ...'

Actually, that is the point...you folks seem to relish in highlighting any issue with this POTUS but severely lacking in such any semblance of balance with Clinton.
Pete has mentioned Clinton's similar position to Trump multiple times. I specifically mentioned Trump in my criticism as he is currently the leader of the free world and his association with Epstein should invite intense scrutiny. Thanks for reminding us all that Clinton is likely a scum bag. Should I expect you are currently preparing to hold Trump to account as you would be for Clinton? Your response to the rest of my post points towards no.

Quote:
As for the DNC party...see infanticide and the states of Virginia & New York.
I'm not familiar with what you are referencing, but pointing the finger at someone else in response is the argument of a five year old. Do better.

Quote:
Just imagine the abhorrent treatment that occur to those children who are being used by fake asylum-seekers...(by the way, true asylum seekers are supposed to claim asylum in the first country safe to do so)...
Charming. Also unsurprising. I suppose it's too much to get you to recognize the difference between right and wrong if this is the response I get when I mention inhumane treatment to other human beings.

Your arguments are exceedingly weak and need a significant amount of work. Or emojis. I suspect which avenue you will pursue.

You also only need to respond for the benefit of others. Your response on my point of Trump's treatment of asylum seekers told me all I need to know and I will put you back on ignore. Cheers.

Last edited by dannybolt; 07-12-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:23 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I'm not familiar with what you are referencing
Virginia Democrats proposed a law reducing the number of doctors that need to sign off on a late term abortion from three to one and allow a doctor to authorize the procedure for any medical reason, including mental health.

Quote:
Tran has wandered into a familiar fever swamp. The idea that abortion providers tear apart full-term, viable babies about to breathe has animated the right for a long time. Itís the stuff of pulp fiction, and the myth bears little resemblance to reality. In the U.S., most abortions are performed early in the first trimester. Second-term are rare and third-term abortions are rarest of all, representing around one percent of all abortion performed in the U.S. Later abortions are usually performed because a womanís health is at risk, or because of fetal nonviability. Nobody gets a third-term abortion for the hell of it. Itís an invasive, costly, and sometimes physically painful process, and women who need these procedures are usually in emotional distress over the loss of a wanted pregnancy. ďI did not ever doubt I was doing the right thing for her but that did not make it easier,Ē one American woman told The Guardian of her late-term abortion. Thatís the sort of woman Tranís bill would help. Her plight, however, doesnít seem to inspire quite as much outrage from the right.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...fanticide.html

IOW, it's not an "infanticide" law, as the zealots on the right claim. It's a law that makes it less onerous for a woman to get an abortion for medically necessary reasons in the rare case one is necessary late in her pregnancy.

For further reading:

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/02/ral...ide-blackface/
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Pete has mentioned Clinton's similar position to Trump multiple times. I specifically mentioned Trump in my criticism as he is currently the leader of the free world and his association with Epstein should invite intense scrutiny. Thanks for reminding us all that Clinton is likely a scum bag. Should I expect you are currently preparing to hold Trump to account as you would be for Clinton? Your response to the rest of my post points towards no.

I'm not familiar with what you are referencing, but pointing the finger at someone else in response is the argument of a five year old. Do better.

Charming. Also unsurprising. I suppose it's too much to get you to recognize the difference between right and wrong if this is the response I get when I mention inhumane treatment to other human beings.

Your arguments are exceedingly weak and need a significant amount of work. Or emojis. I suspect which avenue you will pursue.

You also only need to respond for the benefit of others. Your response on my point of Trump's treatment of asylum seekers told me all I need to know and I will put you back on ignore. Cheers.
Alex Jones would find tdi unhinged.